News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants having fun at the Islanders game

Started by TDToomer, January 12, 2023, 09:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/1613721729788006401

Looks that is Korey Washington. Also with Trye Phillips, Matt Peart and Devery Hamilton.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Missed a better game at the Garden tonight
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Slugsy-Narrows

DaveBrown74

Good to see everyone is nice and focused on playing a road playoff game against a 13-4 team three days from now.

Blue Fire

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

goNets

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 12, 2023, 10:09:24 PMGood to see everyone is nice and focused on playing a road playoff game against a 13-4 team three days from now.
What's your expectation of how they spend downtime during game week?

Blue Fire

I would say going to a game together is a perfectly fine activity. Vakays to Cabo and boat trips on the other hand usually dont end well lol

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

kartanoman

Quote from: Blue Fire on January 12, 2023, 11:13:59 PMI would say going to a game together is a perfectly fine activity. Vakays to Cabo and boat trips on the other hand usually dont end well lol

This is true. The same crap happens in the Australian Football League when their teams have their seasonal bye week. Except, out there, it's the Maldives but the paparazzi are still following them around and invading their getaway space for the perfect snapshot that ends up on a newspaper's front page with some whacko controversial BS story.

By now, professional teams around the globe instruct their players to be on good behavior. Still, there's always a few who want to push that envelope until they find out the hard way that it wasn't a wise idea to do so. At least the organization's have their own "Media Emergency Action Plan" to deal with this kind of stuff. Pat Hanlon can probably write a book about it.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

uconnjack8

They took a few hours to go to a hockey game.

Did you expect that every waking moment they are doing something football related? If so, the issue might be the expectation.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 13, 2023, 07:17:14 AMThey took a few hours to go to a hockey game.

Did you expect that every waking moment they are doing something football related? If so, the issue might be the expectation.

Imagine if we had social media back in the day when LT went out before a playoff weekend

uconnjack8

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on January 13, 2023, 07:31:19 AMImagine if we had social media back in the day when LT went out before a playoff weekend

I am sure we would have had Charlie Sheenesque posts regarding cocaine and hookers.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 12, 2023, 10:09:24 PMGood to see everyone is nice and focused on playing a road playoff game against a 13-4 team three days from now.

But when the players are courtside at Knicks games it's fine and dandy? I get the beer chugging critique but he's on the Practice Squad.

It wasn't a good outcome for the Islanders but UBS is always better than MSG for Hockey!
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

I wouldn't begrudge these young men a few hours to go to a hockey game.  Afterall, it's not like any of us spend every waking hour devoted to our jobs. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 13, 2023, 08:35:12 AMI wouldn't begrudge these young men a few hours to go to a hockey game.  Afterall, it's not like any of us spend every waking hour devoted to our jobs. 

I don't care if they're at the game. It would be more if it was a heavy boozing night. I don't know if it was, but in my experience sober men don't usually rip their shirts off at a hockey game and dump beer all over themselves. Maybe that was just for fun and they weren't drinking much, but if they went out and got hammered on a Thursday night before a huge Sunday playoff game, I don't think that would be ideal. They will have all the time in the world for that once their postseason run ends.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 14, 2023, 06:23:09 AMI don't care if they're at the game. It would be more if it was a heavy boozing night. I don't know if it was, but in my experience sober men don't usually rip their shirts off at a hockey game and dump beer all over themselves. Maybe that was just for fun and they weren't drinking much, but if they went out and got hammered on a Thursday night before a huge Sunday playoff game, I don't think that would be ideal. They will have all the time in the world for that once their postseason run ends.

Let's keep in mind, especially if you've played sports in the NCAA, development leagues or even professionally that members of the team will often hang out in groups at other sporting events ... beer in hand. We've had house parties and all the stuff you might expect from your typical collegiate socials without getting stupid. I think I vaguely remember ripping off my shirt before running outside and diving into a snow pile outside, in Albany, NY on a freezing January Saturday night, but nothing too outrageous.

Young men let their hair down and have good times after enduring a program, such as a football season, and that is about par for the course. Even in the military, after a long exercise or sometimes deployment, you get together and blow off steam.

The Giants at the Isles game falls in line with that. I have no reason to doubt they made roll call on Wednesday and are ready for tomorrow.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)