News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**There will be a BBH Zoom meeting this Friday** NOW WITH LINK

Started by MightyGiants, January 17, 2023, 12:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on January 20, 2023, 03:57:42 PMUnfortunately I won't be able to be on tonight.  :(
Tim: No problem. We'll catch you at the Zoom party the night before we play the Bills in this year's Super Bowl. Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jolly Blue Giant

I don't have a camera or a microphone...guess I have to get one! Sorry
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

There were 11 of us tonight, and it was a lively discussion about the upcoming game and other Giants topics.  It was great to put a few more faces to names. =D>
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Great being able to attach a face to a post! :D

Shout out to Rich for pulling this together
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

bighitterdalama

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on January 20, 2023, 08:17:15 PMGreat being able to attach a face to a post! :D

Shout out to Rich for pulling this together

Jimmy, did you go to Fordham?

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

beaugestus

GordonGekko80

Hi guys.

I am terribly sorry for not being able to attend the call, but I was just too tired to stay up. I have had a very intense week at work (in fact I still will need to pick up some pieces of it on the weekend) and I just fell asleep like a bag of potatoes on the couch... When I woke up it was almost 2am, too late to join.

I am terribly sorry, but hope there will be other opportunities to catch up.

Best
Dom

MightyGiants

Any feedback from the participants is more than welcome.  This is a new offering for us, so I would think there are things we could do differently or better.  Plus, the sort of pseudo-roundtable format of the first two isn't a locked-in way of doing things.  We could try and will try different concepts and meetings.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Had a great time and as was said so good to put faces to names I have been chatting with for years. Also great to see some of the guys I have known and been friends with since the BBQs in Albany. We really need to do more as a group.
Thanks Rich.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I felt bad that I could only watch. Great group of guys and very knowledgeable. I ordered a camera and mic and hope it gets here soon. I should've had one already. My laptop that I've used for half a decade or more blew up a couple of months ago, so I have a new desktop with Windows 11 that doesn't come with built-in camera and mic. I like the setup better than a laptop, but I found out the hard way that laptops have some that one advantage. Hopefully, I have what I need if there's another Zoom meeting
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 21, 2023, 08:02:32 AMAny feedback from the participants is more than welcome.  This is a new offering for us, so I would think there are things we could do differently or better.  Plus, the sort of pseudo-roundtable format of the first two isn't a locked-in way of doing things.  We could try and will try different concepts and meetings.

Rich: The feedback, IMO, is... very well done!!!

I found myself nodding repeatedly as each person, in turn, said out loud the stuff that was in my head. 

I was amazed that there was far more agreement than disagreement.

Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 21, 2023, 08:53:31 AMI felt bad that I could only watch. Great group of guys and very knowledgeable. I ordered a camera and mic and hope it gets here soon. I should've had one already. My laptop that I've used for half a decade or more blew up a couple of months ago, so I have a new desktop with Windows 11 that doesn't come with built-in camera and mic. I like the setup better than a laptop, but I found out the hard way that laptops have some that one advantage. Hopefully, I have what I need if there's another Zoom meeting

Jolly: You aren't alone.

I was using my wife's computer. 

We have numerous devices between us, but her laptop is the only one with a camera and a built-in microphone.

Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 21, 2023, 08:56:51 AMJolly: You aren't alone.

I was using my wife's computer. 

We have numerous devices between us, but her laptop is the only one with a camera and a built-in microphone.

Bob

It's a funny thing.  At work for about a decade (give or take), I was specifying all the computers purchased because I was convinced that video conferencing was the waive of the future.  Then Covid hit, and I felt like my vision had been vindicated.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Thin Blue Line

Rich: 

Once again, thank you for setting up the Zoom call; you did a great job!  I thoroughly enjoyed the discussion with well informed fans.  In recent years, with the exception of 2016, I have watched all the games with a certain amount of apathy. I haven't attended a game in person for several years.  However, the new regime has me engaged again with a youthful passion for the GIANTS I feared might never return.  It's been a fun ride this year and hopefully this dream season can continue after tonight if the stars align and things break the GIANTS' way.