News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Patrick Mahomes, Mike Kafka will turn Arizona around -

Started by sxdxca38, February 07, 2023, 10:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

It hurts me to say this, but I think were going to lose Kafka to the Cardinals.

He worked wonders for DJ, and I'm sure Arizona wants him to turn Kyler Murray around.

Mahomes is endorsing him for head coach as well.

Honestly this hurts, I really liked him.

Here is the article.

Kafka

kartanoman

One key factor in this equation is whether or not Kafka aligns to new GM Monti Ossenfort's vision of leading a football operation along his imperatives of "no ego," alignment with the GM on personnel acquisition decisions and general characteristics of accountability, patience and humility. From his first year with the Giants, it is safe to suggest that Kafka was immersed in such an environment which would have caught the eye of Ossenfort who interviewed for Schoen's position a year ago.

Another dynamic to consider is how he will deal with the toxic reputation of his new QB (i.e. Murray) and the weight of the contract he possesses if things go south as they did this past season with him. But, to be fair, Kingsbury bears some responsibility as well and is no longer around. So, it is a good opportunity to turn the page and start fresh. If Kafka could resurrect Danny Dimes' career, there is every possibility he could do the same with Murray. Like the Giants of 2021, the Cardinals of 2022 went down in flames with injuries to their offensive line, tight end and eventually Murray which is precisely the same scenario Kafka faced heading into this past season. The only difference is that the Cardinals have an All-Pro TE in Ertz and far more capable WRs in Hopkins, Anderson and Brown.

Kafka has one of the best mentors in the game today, in Andy Reid, and can count Brian Daboll as another close confidant, in his personal network as he gets up to speed in preparation for this (or other) head coaching opportunity. It will be interesting to see if Ossenfort does choose him and, if he does, since I'm a local, I'll be happy to keep tabs on him as we go forward.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

sxdxca38

Quote from: kartanoman on February 08, 2023, 05:08:37 AMOne key factor in this equation is whether or not Kafka aligns to new GM Monti Ossenfort's vision of leading a football operation along his imperatives of "no ego," alignment with the GM on personnel acquisition decisions and general characteristics of accountability, patience and humility. From his first year with the Giants, it is safe to suggest that Kafka was immersed in such an environment which would have caught the eye of Ossenfort who interviewed for Schoen's position a year ago.

Another dynamic to consider is how he will deal with the toxic reputation of his new QB (i.e. Murray) and the weight of the contract he possesses if things go south as they did this past season with him. But, to be fair, Kingsbury bears some responsibility as well and is no longer around. So, it is a good opportunity to turn the page and start fresh. If Kafka could resurrect Danny Dimes' career, there is every possibility he could do the same with Murray. Like the Giants of 2021, the Cardinals of 2022 went down in flames with injuries to their offensive line, tight end and eventually Murray which is precisely the same scenario Kafka faced heading into this past season. The only difference is that the Cardinals have an All-Pro TE in Ertz and far more capable WRs in Hopkins, Anderson and Brown.

Kafka has one of the best mentors in the game today, in Andy Reid, and can count Brian Daboll as another close confidant, in his personal network as he gets up to speed in preparation for this (or other) head coaching opportunity. It will be interesting to see if Ossenfort does choose him and, if he does, since I'm a local, I'll be happy to keep tabs on him as we go forward.

Peace!

I really like Kafka and I hope he stays, I feel he's been a big help in the development of DJ.

Philosophers

DJ and Kyler seem to have very different personal character.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: sxdxca38 on February 07, 2023, 10:50:11 PMIt hurts me to say this, but I think were going to lose Kafka to the Cardinals.

He worked wonders for DJ, and I'm sure Arizona wants him to turn Kyler Murray around.

Mahomes is endorsing him for head coach as well.

Honestly this hurts, I really liked him.

Here is the article.

Kafka

As much as I like Mahommes, if I'm the owner of the Cards, an endorsement by a player means absolutely nothing. It's a business and players don't have the kind of knowledge, savvy, and extreme pressures that comes with running a multi-billion dollar business. It's nice that Mahommes likes Kafka. That's all it is though
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

AYM

Someone tell the Bidwills that I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers fully endorsed Nathaniel Hackett as well.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on February 08, 2023, 10:17:21 AMDJ and Kyler seem to have very different personal character.
They have near identical stats through their first 50 games with kyler actually bettering Jones in most categories.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 08, 2023, 03:37:32 PMThey have near identical stats through their first 50 games with kyler actually bettering Jones in most categories.

Hi,

I would have to respectfully disagree and say Kyler has superior stats for his first three years. It wasn't until this last year that DJ emerged and had a better year.

Please take a look at their stats for their first four years.

- Kyler Murray -

66.8%   13,848 Yards   84 TD   41 Int   92.5 RTG

- Daniel Jones -

64.0%   11,603 Yards   60 TD   34 Int   86.5 RTG

As you can see Kyler has 2,200 more yards passing, 24 more TD's, almost 3% greater in completion percentage, and a higher QB rating.

This doesn't mean that DJ hasn't gotten better, he has, but outside of this year, Kyler has proved to be the superior QB.

DaveBrown74

I think since we have had such miserable head coaches and coordinators in recent years we have forgotten what it's like to actually have good people. When you have a very good head coach and good coordinators, and you have some success, your coordinators are always going to draw interest from other teams for head coaching roles. That's just the way it is, and it's going to stay that way for us unless we want to go back to having people like James Bettcher and Mike Shula in key positions.

I would also add that when you have a head coach whose coordinators are constantly getting poached for head coaching roles, that makes your team much more desirable to top QB coaches and other outsiders who are looking to advance their careers.

I think we just need to get used to it and be thankful that we have a head coach who is already this respected around the league.

Jclayton92

Quote from: sxdxca38 on February 08, 2023, 06:10:27 PMHi,

I would have to respectfully disagree and say Kyler has superior stats for his first three years. It wasn't until this last year that DJ emerged and had a better year.

Please take a look at their stats for their first four years.

- Kyler Murray -

66.8%   13,848 Yards   84 TD   41 Int   92.5 RTG

- Daniel Jones -

64.0%   11,603 Yards   60 TD   34 Int   86.5 RTG

As you can see Kyler has 2,200 more yards passing, 24 more TD's, almost 3% greater in completion percentage, and a higher QB rating.

This doesn't mean that DJ hasn't gotten better, he has, but outside of this year, Kyler has proved to be the superior QB.

What? I didnt say years I said specifically Kyler and Jones have near identical stats through 50 games with Kyler bettering him in most stats which is factual so I'm not sure what there is to disagree about?

The reason I said that is because the Giants did an article showing as much through their first 50, stats are very close with kyler bettering Jones in most categories Slightly which is exactly what I said.

https://www.giants.com/news/daniel-jones-stats-eli-manning-kerry-collins-phil-simms-fran-tarkenton

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 08, 2023, 06:58:09 PMI think since we have had such miserable head coaches and coordinators in recent years we have forgotten what it's like to actually have good people. When you have a very good head coach and good coordinators, and you have some success, your coordinators are always going to draw interest from other teams for head coaching roles. That's just the way it is, and it's going to stay that way for us unless we want to go back to having people like James Bettcher and Mike Shula in key positions.

I would also add that when you have a head coach whose coordinators are constantly getting poached for head coaching roles, that makes your team much more desirable to top QB coaches and other outsiders who are looking to advance their careers.

I think we just need to get used to it and be thankful that we have a head coach who is already this respected around the league.

This is one reason why Murray may have better stats but the other, as I stated earlier today, is that he has Ertz and Hopkins where as Jones has had sporadic support, and has been injured three of his first four seasons, but I suspect that would even out over time (NOTE: even if Kafka finds himself out here leading the birds out of the Wilderness somewhere between Camelback Mountain and the far reaches of the Salt River).

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)