News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Bears are loaded with picks and over $90M

Started by andrew_nyGiants, March 11, 2023, 10:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

In cap space. They could use a stud RB to compliment Fields.

Would you trade Barkley for a 1st and a 3rd to the Bears?

It would open up another $10M in space and put us in a great position in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 11, 2023, 10:35:58 AMIn cap space. They could use a stud RB to compliment Fields.

Would you trade Barkley for a 1st and a 3rd to the Bears?

It would open up another $10M in space and put us in a great position in the draft.

100% I would, but that would never be on the table.

MagicRat

That deal would be a complete no brainer, hell yeah!

Da Bears are a GM's wet dream right now.
Smell my cheese you mother!

sooners56

Why would bears trade their 1st rd pick when they could take Bijon Robinson with their 1st rd pick? He is a younger Barkley that hits holes and doesn't dance. Matter of fact he might be the Bears pick at 9.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: sooners56 on March 11, 2023, 11:10:42 AMWhy would bears trade their 1st rd pick when they could take Bijon Robinson with their 1st rd pick? He is a younger Barkley that hits holes and doesn't dance. Matter of fact he might be the Bears pick at 9.
He's burned them twice, and they need veteran leadership. He's much more talented and effective than your assessment.

Not saying the Bears would do it, just curious what our fans think of it.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

madbadger

Quote from: sooners56 on March 11, 2023, 11:10:42 AMWhy would bears trade their 1st rd pick when they could take Bijon Robinson with their 1st rd pick? He is a younger Barkley that hits holes and doesn't dance. Matter of fact he might be the Bears pick at 9.

Pretty much. With Joe Mixon shooting at teenagers playing tag I wonder if the Bengals would give up a first for Barkley. Once they extend Burrow and Chase their flexibility to improve reduces drastically

kingm56

Quote from: madbadger on March 11, 2023, 02:27:53 PMPretty much. With Joe Mixon shooting at teenagers playing tag I wonder if the Bengals would give up a first for Barkley. Once they extend Burrow and Chase their flexibility to improve reduces drastically

Doubtful they'll be interested as Perine is a solid backup who can run and catch.  Cinci doesn't need any more weapons, even without Mixon.  They need to continue to improve the Oline and get back 7 help.  Like KC, they don't need a top 10 running game to be successful; that's not what they're about. 

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 11, 2023, 10:56:59 AM100% I would, but that would never be on the table.

If the Bears are dumb enough to do that deal I would absolutely pull the trigger.  I doubt they are though.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

No team in the NFL would give up a first rounder for Barkley right now.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 11, 2023, 04:11:17 PMNo team in the NFL would give up a first rounder for Barkley right now.
I think you could get a 2nd, 3rd, and conditional 5th for him though and I'd take it in a millisecond.

I want as many picks as humanly possible in 2024.

uconnjack8

I understand why people would want to trade Barkley, especially if the haul was as absurd as suggested.

What I don't understand is the idea that the Giants should look to get rid of him because of his cap hit.  The guy accounted for almost 30% of the offense and next year he is less than 5% of the total cap. What am I missing?  Are you going to spend 10 million and replace or exceed that production?

MagicRat

I don't think anyone is saying we should look to get rid of Saquon.

I think the point is, if a silly offer comes in for Saquon, do we take it?
Smell my cheese you mother!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MagicRat on March 12, 2023, 06:33:04 AMI don't think anyone is saying we should look to get rid of Saquon.

I think the point is, if a silly offer comes in for Saquon, do we take it?

We should consider a "silly offer" for almost any player we have.

Maybe the fact that the McCaffrey trade last year seemed to work well for the 9ers will entice teams into offering us something for Saquon before the trade deadline if we're not playoff material this year.

I'm ok with Saquon being back this coming season, but handing him a contract beyond this season as a 27 year old seems insane.