News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

New York Giants make good move in signing DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches

Started by MightyGiants, March 14, 2023, 07:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Solid signing for sure, he should help against the run, not sure he offers alot vs the pass

DL is still a need, Ryder and Davidson are unproven and neither should be handed a roster spot, we could use at least one more capable body, probably in the draft somewhere. Maybe 2

MightyGiants

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 14, 2023, 08:37:58 AMSolid signing for sure, he should help against the run, not sure he offers alot vs the pass

DL is still a need, Ryder and Davidson are unproven and neither should be handed a roster spot, we could use at least one more capable body, probably in the draft somewhere. Maybe 2

I still think the Giants will pick up another DI in the draft either day one or day 2
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 14, 2023, 08:37:58 AMSolid signing for sure, he should help against the run, not sure he offers alot vs the pass

They need someone to rotate in with Lawrence and Williams that can play the run.  And, another load to put in when the opponent brings in their heavy package.

True Blue

Quote from: coggs on March 14, 2023, 09:49:55 AMThey need someone to rotate in with Lawrence and Williams that can play the run.  And, another load to put in when the opponent brings in their heavy package.

I do not disagree

Jolly Blue Giant

Excellent pickup - high character, smart, history of being healthy, bit of a bully, and NFL proven - best of all, low maintenance and low cost

Over the years I've watched teams load up on high cost, top of the list, low hanging fruit and usually (Washington jumps to mind) they don't win and are in cap hell for the next few years. Maybe it will work for Chicago, who knows. But if it doesn't give them a quantum leap in success, they will be paying out the ass for the next few years and be unable to make a lot of changes

I should note that it actually did help the Rams win a Superbowl. But just as quickly as they rose to the top, they became a bottom feeder with little draft capital and few options to improve going forward

My point: Schoen is playing it smart. Pick up low maintenance, low cost players that have proven themselves in the NFL while staying healthy. One little under-the-radar quality player at a time while simultaneously building draft capital and keeping the cap a workable advantage for the future. We're not ready for a Superbowl run and are still building the team. Schoen is very smart and we are very lucky he's running the show
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: