News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

IOL, IDL, #1 WR, CB

Started by andrew_nyGiants, March 15, 2023, 07:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Quote from: fromthebside on March 15, 2023, 01:56:23 PMIn regards to the receiver room: Can the guy separate? Can he catch? Can he run routes? And for gods sake, can he stay healthy? This team needs talent in the worst way. I know people are looking at height, catch radius, wingspan, etc. If there is a diminutive weapon in this draft (Flowers, Downs, Mims) that can tilt the field in the Giants' favor, get him a uniform. They need to keep the defenses honest. There has to be someone on the field that scares them. Right now, especially at WR, there is no one. Waller is a nice start and now they have to continue. If they can find a Megatron-type, by all means, sign em or draft em. If not, get the dude that moves the needle.

I think 'can he block' is also a criterion.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 15, 2023, 09:27:27 AMI wonder if they have a plan to start Ezeudu at LG and Bredeson at Center?
I hope not, I hope Brederson starts and Ezeudu gets one more year to ease in and be depth for LG and LT.

drewsg

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 15, 2023, 09:27:27 AMI wonder if they have a plan to start Ezeudu at LG and Bredeson at Center?

I think the plan is to draft a center on day 1 or 2 and have Ezeudu, Bredeson and Glowinski battle for the 2 guard spots

HondurasGiants

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 15, 2023, 12:44:15 PM.

Higgins is not being traded. The Bengals GM has made that abundantly clear. So cross him off your list.

I wouldn't even trade a 2nd for Jeudy, and recent reports have Denver asking for "at least" a 1st. Not giving that up for a guy who has never produced in the NFL.

And James is a FA who is likely not being re-signed based on fact they brought Shep back.

I'll cross him off for now...I think he'll be available soon (probably during the season).

The have no 5th year option for him as he was a 2nd rounder AND they soon have to take care of Burrow AND Chase.  I don't see them being able to retain Higgins as well and will be looking to cash out instead of just letting him walk.

Jeudy for a #1...agreed...forget about it.

My point is (I guess)...no need to be desperate for a WR#1 in this weak FA class.

I'd draft a WR and trade my 1st or 2nd for one if available.

GloryDays

I am pretty confident that we can fill 3 of those needs in the first 3 rounds of the draft; I think CB in round 1, DL in the second, WR in the 3rd. Depending on team's board, they might swap positions of these 3 rounds and It is quite possible that a good OC drops to the 4th too.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: HondurasGiants on March 15, 2023, 07:41:22 PMMy point is (I guess)...no need to be desperate for a WR#1 in this weak FA class.

I agree.

Quote from: HondurasGiants on March 15, 2023, 07:41:22 PMI'd draft a WR and trade my 1st or 2nd for one if available.

Draft one? Absolutely. Trade a first or 2nd for one? Not interested. This team needs to add high-end, young talent.