News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Darius Slay RELEASED!

Started by andrew_nyGiants, March 15, 2023, 10:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Unreal!

Anyone feel it's worth making a run at him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

T200

Pick him up like they picked up Bradberry.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Wow, shows again that while you can go all in on a season eventually you will have to pay the price for it and take a step back. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

H-Town G-Fan

And they just gave Bradberry a 3-year deal with $20MM guaranteed. I get that he's younger than Slay, but in my mind Slay is still the superior player. I guess the money didn't add up. In a deep CB draft, the Eagles could be planning on targeting one with the Saints' pick at 10.

Philosophers

I feel like if we can pick him up even for just one season, he along with our other two FA pickups could allow us to focus so much of the Draft on offense this season, then look for more help next season for defense.  Honestly, picking up a starting ILB and a boundary CB seals our two biggest holes on defense.  Anything else we need on D is almost a luxury at that point -- I mean a rotational DT is a luxury, not a desperate need pick.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Not sure what the price will be on him.  I expect the Giants will be selecting a CB in round 1 or 2, so would they still sign Slay?

andrew_nyGiants

I don't think we will have to break the bank, but it may need to be a choice between him and an FA WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Rambo89 on March 15, 2023, 11:07:20 AMWow, shows again that while you can go all in on a season eventually you will have to pay the price for it and take a step back. 
Rambo: True, but apparently they're going to be able to keep their offense relatively intact. 

They lost at least one key man already (RB Sanders) and with two 1st-round picks I'm afraid they'll jump up to draft Bijan Robinson (they might not even have to trade up to get him). Also, one OL won't be back, but they have a 6th man ready to take his place (although they WILL be a lot thinner and less able to withstand key injuries).

As for D, the two 1st-round picks also mean they'll likely get one of the three best CB's worth a 1st-rounder.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Look at what they just ate in Dead Cap.
He's 32 years old so buyer beware.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

ViewFromSection129

I just read a story on the Eagles SB Nation site that was saying Roseman was running circles around the rest of the league since he picked up Penny for little and they have 3 RBs that are making like $4MM and they are more brilliant than the rest of the league.  Then I see this and wondering what they are doing. I get why they restructured his contract, but adding voidable years and then cutting him before the voidable years even kicked in so they could swallow a $22.4MM cap hit?  Maybe old Howie isn't as brilliant as they all think?

Just_jimmy

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 15, 2023, 11:21:02 AMNot sure what the price will be on him.  I expect the Giants will be selecting a CB in round 1 or 2, so would they still sign Slay?
Sign him and draft a CB and have him mentor him.  Same as what I just said with Waller and a young TE.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Jclayton92

I know everyone forgets Moreau but he was an amazing #2 for his cost. We paid him the vet minimum. So I'd just like to see him back and a draft pick, no need to spend extra money if you don't have to.