News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Darren Waller: 'It's been high-octane the last 24 hours'

Started by MightyGiants, March 15, 2023, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

https://www.giants.com/podcasts/giants-huddle-darren-waller

Giants Huddle | Darren Waller
John Schmeelk sits down with the Giants' newest tight end, Darren Waller, to chat about playing for big blue, his family's connection to New York and how he can help the Giants' offense in 2023.

00:00 - Fitting into the Giants offense
4:39 - Connection to New York
6:26 - Coaches and teammates
8:37 - Playing with Daniel Jones
10:47 - Playing through adversity
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

gregf

He was very pleasant to listen too. 100% different than Yung joka who supplied the trade capitol. A hard core Raiders buddy said we got a steal, solid player

DaveBrown74

He comes across as a likeable, sincere guy who is easy to talk to and get along with. I hope and assume he is being made to feel immediately welcome by his new teammates and coaches. I think he is an excellent addition who has a chance to make a big impact.

Rosehill Jimmy

ttps://www.giants.com/video/darren-waller-it-s-been-high-octane-the-last-24-hours

Waller presser.  Seems like a pretty grounded individual who has been through the fire and came out the other side.  Should be a positive addition to the locker room

I posted this in the other thread on Waller in the interest of fewer threads on the same topic. 
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

y_so_blu

He comes off as humble and articulate. I like him already. He also said he made mistakes in the past by rushing himself back from injuries.

MightyGiants

Quote from: gregf on March 15, 2023, 09:35:50 PMHe was very pleasant to listen too. 100% different than Yung joka who supplied the trade capitol. A hard core Raiders buddy said we got a steal, solid player

Schoen traded away Toney for what ended up being Darren Waller, a 6th round pick, and an Eagles Super Bowl loss  :D
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Thank you, Rich @MightyGiants , for posting this. Sounds like he needed the reset button pushed for his own career and, with a program that is looking to take another step up, he can certainly be a part of that.

He brings up a good point on the injuries and trying to rush back too soon. That he recognizes that now is, perhaps, the biggest step to putting the nagging ones behind him.

Welcome to the Giants, Darren!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 15, 2023, 09:56:14 PMHe comes across as a likeable, sincere guy who is easy to talk to and get along with. I hope and assume he is being made to feel immediately welcome by his new teammates and coaches. I think he is an excellent addition who has a chance to make a big impact.

He is very likable based on his interview and presser.  I do feel bad about the situation of his recent marriage.  He married a player on the Los Vegas woman's basketball team.  Now suddenly, they will have to deal with a cross-country marriage.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: kartanoman on March 16, 2023, 08:25:28 AMThank you, Rich @MightyGiants , for posting this. Sounds like he needed the reset button pushed for his own career and, with a program that is looking to take another step up, he can certainly be a part of that.

He brings up a good point on the injuries and trying to rush back too soon. That he recognizes that now is, perhaps, the biggest step to putting the nagging ones behind him.

Welcome to the Giants, Darren!

Peace!

I get a sense he didn't like Daniels and he blamed his harsh practice regimen for some of his injuries. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on March 15, 2023, 10:27:51 PMttps://www.giants.com/video/darren-waller-it-s-been-high-octane-the-last-24-hours

Waller presser.  Seems like a pretty grounded individual who has been through the fire and came out the other side.  Should be a positive addition to the locker room

I posted this in the other thread on Waller in the interest of fewer threads on the same topic. 
Jimmy: Good observation.

IMO it takes a well-grounded person to overcome drug addition. Not easy.

I've heard he has a good support team and is a completely changed man.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Rosehill Jimmy

BTW, he's the great grandson of jazz legend Fats Waller
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Bob In PA

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on March 16, 2023, 10:24:37 AMBTW, he's the great grandson of jazz legend Fats Waller
Jimmy: To me (and a few others here) ALL music-related information is important and deserves its own thread. LOL
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

In case you didn't listen to the audio interview.  Waller's father is a Giants fan from Queens.  Waller grew up watching Giants games with his dad.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 16, 2023, 11:11:03 AMJimmy: To me (and a few others here) ALL music-related information is important and deserves its own thread. LOL

Will this do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSNPpssruFY
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll