News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Name One

Started by Philosophers, March 16, 2023, 09:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Name an offensive and defensive player you'd like to see the Gmen select in this Draft regardless of FAs they've just recently signed.

For me:

1) Darnell Washington - I know folks will say, "but we just got Waller and already have Bellinger."  My response is "having Mark Andrews, one of the best TEs in the NFL, did not stop the Raven from selecting Isaiah Likely who had a nice rookie season and is seen as a deadly pairing for the Raven.  Bellinger is pretty good, but Washington is in another league as both a blocker and as an athletic pass catching TE. 

2) Nolan Smith - I think this guy is really special.  The only person his weight or higher to jump as high as he did and run as fast as he did at the Combine.  Seems instinctive.  I believe he would be an upgrade over Ojulari and to pair opposite Thibs, wow.  I also think he can be moved inside to be an inside blitzer. 

Jolly Blue Giant

For me

Defense: Calijah Kancey

Offense: O'Cyrus Torrence
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

GloryDays

On defense: DL Lucas Van Ness Iowa
On Offense: WR Parker Washington Penn

Van Ness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP01je79oCI

Washington:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSQITNmNUKM

True Blue

Offense: Jonathon Mingo, WR, Ole Miss

Defense: Mazi Smith, DL, Michigan

Runner Ups:

Offense: Jarret Patterson, IOL, Notre Dame

Defense: Mekhi Garner, CB, LSU

Jclayton92

Mingo on Offense and Gonzalez on Defense. I typed all this up before I realized you just said one on each side so I'll go with 1 and 1 plus 3 extra guys that people might not know that could help us.

Offense

Johnathan Mingo WR Ole Miss 6'2 215lb bona-fide X that can line up anywhere and catches everything with the speed to seperate. If he has a QB that can throw the ball he can flat out dominate a game. Someone we can grab day 2 and be happy about.

Zach Evans RB Ole Miss 5'11 195lbs A guy we might be able to get on day 3 was always used in a 2 back system but when he played it was beautiful. 290 attempts for 2,000 yards 7 yards pee carry and 18 Tds. Add in another 10 yard avg per catch, a 3 84 shuttle, 4.42 40 time, and 37.2 vert and he's got talent everywhere but because the draft is deep at RB we can get him day 3.

Defense

Ji'Ayir Brown Safety Penn State If we don't sign Love because of the production 10 interceptions, 4.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one touchdown in the past 2 seasons. The one thing that typically always translates is production.

Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon is low key my CB1 and might be there at pick 25. At 6'2 200lbs 4 38 40 time with 4 Int this past season he pases the eye test not to mention he's great in man and press ability he's my number 1 corner over Cam and Forbes right now.

Tuli Tuipulotu DE/Edge USC I think he could slide right in and make the Giants line dominant with him, Lawrence, and Williams and even play on the Edge on passing downs. He's only 20 yrs old and played his first full season as a starter this year amassing 13.5 sacks, 3PD, and 2FF. This guy could be the final piece to our front 3.

ozzie

I will admit, I don't really have a good grasp on the defensive prospects this draft so I'm going to name two Offensive players I like.

1. O'cyrus Torrance (OL - Florida) / Michael John Schmitt (C - Minn)

2. Deuce Vaughn - (RB - Kansas) - Every time I see this guy he is running wild. Reminds me a LOT of Darren Sproles & Boston Scott

Ok, that was three players...
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara