News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Feliciano signs 1 yr deal with the 49ers

Started by andrew_nyGiants, March 20, 2023, 05:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Well we need to load up on IOL/C in the draft.

https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/1637925451023925249

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Stringer Bell

Really growing concerned over the state of the IOL.

Most have Bredeson plugged in at either C or G, and if we're lucky he might be league average. Glowinski was average, and I feel like he's aging and fading fast. Add in a HUGE hole at whatever spot Bredeson isn't occupying, and this has the makings of a season-derailing unit.

True Blue

It appeared clear they didn't want him back, they have a plan

drewsg

My opinion is that they have a guy in the draft that they are gonna key in on and make him the priority on day 1 or 2.

Sem

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 20, 2023, 05:24:38 PMIt appeared clear they didn't want him back, they have a plan

I hope you're right. I hope they're right.

Ed Vette

Looks like  Feliciano and Gates weren't the dregs of the barrel many on this forum claimed them to be.

At least we have some clarity now. They won't be here in the starting lineup this season.

So either there's players on the roster now they are counting on or they sign a FA out there nobody else wanted over these guys. If Neal doesn't make a huge leap, then I would expect any draftee to sit a while.

So we have Lemieux, Ezeudu and Ben in the mix and the ace in the whole is...
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

No we don't. We need 1 player. We can't keep investing half a draft in linemen, we need to give them time to develop. We drafted 3 linemen early last year. At most we need a center in the draft and that is it. The rest of the team is falling behind because we keep investing everything in the line.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 20, 2023, 05:37:51 PMNo we don't. We need 1 player. We can't keep investing half a draft in linemen, we need to give them time to develop. We drafted 3 linemen early last year. At most we need a center in the draft and that is it. The rest of the team is falling behind because we keep investing everything in the line.
We need a starting caliber C and a starting caliber OG in this years' draft. That's my version of loading up.

Especially if we sign ARob on the DL and we can draft a starting CB in the 1st round, the other positions won't fall behind.

It all starts on the LOS.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

gregf

I think Brederson is the key here.  He can be the starting center,  LG, or 6th man off the bench.  He was fairly solid last year.  Pretty sure we grab a center in rd 2 Tippman Wypler, Avila,  unless we grab Smitchz in rd 1.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 20, 2023, 05:37:51 PMNo we don't. We need 1 player. We can't keep investing half a draft in linemen, we need to give them time to develop. We drafted 3 linemen early last year. At most we need a center in the draft and that is it. The rest of the team is falling behind because we keep investing everything in the line.

We have 2 huge holes this year, and we'll have another 1 next year after Glowinski is gone. And that's assuming Neal figures it out and we don't develop another hole.

Investing 5th round picks in a unit doesn't mean you're solving anything.

Jclayton92

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 20, 2023, 05:46:31 PMWe need a starting caliber C and a starting caliber OG in this years' draft. That's my version of loading up.

Especially if we sign ARob on the DL and we can draft a starting CB in the 1st round, the other positions won't fall behind.

It all starts on the LOS.

We already have our guards of the present and future, so I'm not sure why we would keep drafting that position.

Starting.      The Future
LG Brederson        Ezeudu
RG Glowinski      Mckethan

That's what last year's draft was, to get our future at both guard spots and RT.

The most logical reason as to why Glowinskis play went down was because he was in between a 1st time center and a rookie RT. That and Brederson wasn't a problem on the line last season he played well. So that only leaves center.

uconnjack8

Have to think if the Giants really wanted Feliciano they could have signed him. 

Jclayton92

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 20, 2023, 05:49:42 PMWe have 2 huge holes this year, and we'll have another 1 next year after Glowinski is gone. And that's assuming Neal figures it out and we don't develop another hole.

Investing 5th round picks in a unit doesn't mean you're solving anything.
We can't use 1st, 2nd rd, and 3rd rd picks on the entire line. The only hole we have right now is center.. plus Glowinski is signed through the 2024 season.

Thomas, Brederson, Center, Glowinski, and Neal