News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Feliciano signs 1 yr deal with the 49ers

Started by andrew_nyGiants, March 20, 2023, 05:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

bamagiantfan

The top Centers in the draft are getting 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round grades. You can put 8 of them in a hat and pull one name out and he could turn out to be the best, or the worst, of the bunch. Patterson of Notre Dame might be the safest pick because you could always move him over to Guard, but I would wait and pick up Forsythe from Oregon later. Nothing special there. Just good value in the middle rounds. I think picks 2 and 3 for the Giants need to go to other positions. The Giants probably don't look for a Center until the 4th Round or with one of their 5ths.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

londonblue

Giants are looking hard at the top 3 Centers with combine interviews, 30 visits and/or OL coach at Pro-Days. I tend to respectfully disagree with Bama as I think we are going C Round 2 with the expectation they start. Guard will be day 3 (if at all) to find someone to under-study Glowinski and hopefully step up as RG in 2024.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on March 22, 2023, 06:00:43 AMGiants are looking hard at the top 3 Centers with combine interviews, 30 visits and/or OL coach at Pro-Days. I tend to respectfully disagree with Bama as I think we are going C Round 2 with the expectation they start. Guard will be day 3 (if at all) to find someone to under-study Glowinski and hopefully step up as RG in 2024.

I ran 4 or 5 different mock draft simulators and there was always a center available in round 2
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bamagiantfan

There is a reason they are available in Round 2.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

uconnjack8

How many centers have a 2nd round grade or higher this year? 

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 22, 2023, 08:36:35 PMHow many centers have a 2nd round grade or higher this year? 
Maybe 3. The problem is that Schoen so far in the draft has prioritized expensive positions in the draft and so if he drafts one I'd think the earliest that happens is round 3.