News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

So many mid-level signings

Started by andrew_nyGiants, March 23, 2023, 01:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

I have to say the sheer volume of mid-level and off the radar signings is more than a little surprising to me.

What it spotlights for me is the truly incredible work this coaching staff put in, when you consider the huge GAP in roster talent vs not only their rivals but the majority of the league.

I am very optimistic that the future is bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 23, 2023, 01:53:00 PMIf Amari could be the Hodgins of CBs, that would be quite the get
I think they would just be happy with him playing at Moreaus level.

madbadger

Depth and special teams.

Rambo89

Quote from: madbadger on March 23, 2023, 05:01:26 PMDepth and special teams.

Yep, this is how I look at it and what I expected after the Jones signing and Barkley tag. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

londonblue

Our talent deficit was big so any incremental gain we make with a VSB gamble has value but we need to acknowledge similar cheap 'bodies' like James, Moreau (a post camp cuts signing) were pretty productive for us last year (a bit below league average level) so we do ideally need to find some production here.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Ed Vette

They are also the players who get elevated when the injuries take down the starters.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

GloryDays

Another possible strategy by Schoen which would be very shrewd if it works, might be fishing for extra compensatory picks, by exposing our upper level talent and if gone, sign a mid level or less regarded player.

Those who are more familiar with how the NFL compensatory system works, please advise.

Jclayton92

Quote from: GloryDays on March 23, 2023, 09:31:46 PMAnother possible strategy by Schoen which would be very shrewd if it works, might be fishing for extra compensatory picks, by exposing our upper level talent and if gone, sign a mid level or less regarded player.

Those who are more familiar with how the NFL compensatory system works, please advise.
We will get absolutely no compensatory picks next year because of all the signings we've done in the past two weeks. With us having hardly anyone under contract next season I wouldn't think we would get any in 2025 either because of the volume of players we'll likely sign. So no comp picks at least for the next two years.