News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants coaches checking out North Dakota's OL Cody Mauch

Started by MightyGiants, March 30, 2023, 02:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

I am surprised at this one.  He just seems to me to be a player who will get overwhelmed at the next level as he does not appear to have any particular attributes which would give him an advantage.  There are better guards out there if they are thinking of playing him inside.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Philosophers on March 30, 2023, 03:00:38 PMI am surprised at this one.  He just seems to me to be a player who will get overwhelmed at the next level as he does not appear to have any particular attributes which would give him an advantage.  There are better guards out there if they are thinking of playing him inside.

I understand the apprehension. He just doesn't look professional (long scraggly red hair and missing front teeth) and is quite a goofball, pretending to play a violin on the sidelines, etc. Just weird IMO. However, he has incredible strength, balance, and speed and apparently a very smart football player and can play every position on the line at a high level. He will be gone by day two, and I suspect he will be a great player for some team. But his persona just doesn't seem to fit the Giants, who like looking and acting professional. A lot of analysts think he's the best offensive lineman in the draft. But who the hell knows?  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 30, 2023, 03:07:06 PMI understand the apprehension. He just doesn't look professional (long scraggly red hair and missing front teeth) and is quite a goofball, pretending to play a violin on the sidelines, etc. Just weird IMO. However, he has incredible strength, balance, and speed and apparently a very smart football player and can play every position on the line at a high level. He will be gone by day two, and I suspect he will be a great player for some team. But his persona just doesn't seem to fit the Giants, who like looking and acting professional. A lot of analysts think he's the best offensive lineman in the draft. But who the hell knows?  :-??

Found out he had a 29 on his Wonderlic, I would love to draft him in round two to become the Giants long time center
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

CVA14

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 30, 2023, 03:07:06 PMI understand the apprehension. He just doesn't look professional (long scraggly red hair and missing front teeth) and is quite a goofball, pretending to play a violin on the sidelines, etc. Just weird IMO. However, he has incredible strength, balance, and speed and apparently a very smart football player and can play every position on the line at a high level. He will be gone by day two, and I suspect he will be a great player for some team. But his persona just doesn't seem to fit the Giants, who like looking and acting professional. A lot of analysts think he's the best offensive lineman in the draft. But who the hell knows?  :-??
[/quote
Remember when Ken Avery took Ballet lessons?

GloryDays

Add me to the list of his fans, I also love his positive attitude. Plus, he can be put in any of the Oline positions, even LT I believe, and he will do fine.