News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Marvin Harrison Jr

Started by andrew_nyGiants, April 02, 2023, 08:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

I would really like to see Schoen & Co. stockpile picks to put them in position to trade up in next years' draft for this generational WR.

The way I see it, they can trade down at least twice and still address some needs while gathering picks for the '24 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

uconnjack8

Generational?  You think he is better than Chase, Hill, Hopkins, etc?

andrew_nyGiants

I think his size, speed, catch radius, footwork, and football IQ are all exceptional.

It's rare to find all those strengths in one package.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Too early for me to start worrying about next year's draft, but I like Harrison Jr as well. I'll hold off on "generational" until I see his 2023 season, but he's definitely a baller.

Bob In PA

Guys: I've been on this train since October. He's one heck of a WR who (as Andrew says) has it all. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jclayton92

If we are stockpiling and trading picks to move up it better be for a generational QB and there will in all likelihood be 2 next year, at least one. Not to mention 2024 is going to be one of the deepest drafts in the past 5 years, you don't trade multiple picks imo unless it's a QB and there are two maybe three worthy of it next year.

True Blue

Good WR, I think some are hyping up the name value too much though

I think he will be very good though

Philosophers

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on April 02, 2023, 12:33:39 PMGood WR, I think some are hyping up the name value too much though

I think he will be very good though

No it has nothing to do with his name.  He is very good.  I've watches him a lot.  Does everything well and fluid in a large body. 

True Blue

Quote from: Philosophers on April 02, 2023, 12:44:54 PMNo it has nothing to do with his name.  He is very good.  I've watches him a lot.  Does everything well and fluid in a large body. 

I said some, I did not call out anyone in particular.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on April 02, 2023, 12:44:54 PMNo it has nothing to do with his name.  He is very good.  I've watches him a lot.  Does everything well and fluid in a large body.
Me too. I've seen every game he's played at OSU, and his tools are as good as some of the best I've seen. Think Calvin Johnson with more agility.

I've rarely been excited about a WR over the years as I've always been more of a trenches/LB guy.
I cannot help to get FIRED UP at the prospect of him in BLUE.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 02, 2023, 10:29:13 AMGuys: I've been on this train since October. He's one heck of a WR who (as Andrew says) has it all. Bob

Replying to my own message to note why I said October.

At that time I figured Giants would continue to stink.

I began hunting for a great college WR we might draft this year (2023).  After October I reversed course.

For one thing, I noticed Giants were unlikely to be picking high enough to get him if he came out extra-early.

I also noticed Harrison's physique had an extra "youthful" look to it and realized it was in his interest to stay in school at least one more year.  By next year he's going to look like a pro WR rather than a kid, IMO.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on April 02, 2023, 12:54:24 PMMe too. I've seen every game he's played at OSU, and his tools are as good as some of the best I've seen. Think Calvin Johnson with more agility.

I've rarely been excited about a WR over the years as I've always been more of a trenches/LB guy.
I cannot help to get FIRED UP at the prospect of him in BLUE.

NFl body - check
NFL hands - check
NFl ball tracking skills/body adjustment - check
NFL route running - check
Plays at a school that produces good NFL WRs - check

madbadger

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 02, 2023, 08:47:12 AMGenerational?  You think he is better than Chase, Hill, Hopkins, etc?

Jefferson is better than those three and yes Harrison clearly in that group of players talent wise. Lots of factors will impact if he realizes that potential at the next level. Coaching, scheme, quarterback play but as far as raw talent goes he's a stud.

GloryDays

I am always ok with trading down for more picks.. let's say instead of the consensus top CBs, they really like the K S DB Brents; Taking him in the first is considered a big reach; so why not trade back a couple of times and get him and fill another need, plus add ammunition for next year?

uconnjack8

Quote from: madbadger on April 02, 2023, 01:46:14 PMJefferson is better than those three and yes Harrison clearly in that group of players talent wise. Lots of factors will impact if he realizes that potential at the next level. Coaching, scheme, quarterback play but as far as raw talent goes he's a stud.

My question/point was a out the term generational.  I just threw out 3 WR names that are ot were considered among the best.  To be generational, IMO, he would have to be clearly more talented than all of those guys and Jefferson.