News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Another QB coming for a visit

Started by MightyGiants, April 04, 2023, 05:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

As stated in another thread I am very pleased that we have a new front office that actually does comprehensive due diligence on all players, regardless of need. While I would not actively advocate for taking a QB on, I also would not be at all opposed to it if our GM and his team felt very strongly about it.

Look, even if Jones breaks out and is really good next year, having two good QBs on one roster isn't exactly a problem. Especially if one of them is on a rookie contract. I'll take that all day over having zero good QBs, which is what most teams have. If you happen to be long of a good QB, you're not in a bad position at all. The Giants should be aiming for maximum value/upside in the draft - not specific positions for each round.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 04, 2023, 05:42:41 PMAs stated in another thread I am very pleased that we have a new front office that actually does comprehensive due diligence on all players, regardless of need. While I would not actively advocate for taking a QB on, I also would not be at all opposed to it if our GM and his team felt very strongly about it.

Look, even if Jones breaks out and is really good next year, having two good QBs on one roster isn't exactly a problem. Especially if one of them is on a rookie contract. I'll take that all day over having zero good QBs, which is what most teams have. If you happen to be long of a good QB, you're not in a bad position at all. The Giants should be aiming for maximum value/upside in the draft - not specific positions for each round.

In the draft needs thread, I forgot to list backup QB.   Tune is likely a 5th round pick.  The team could save quite a bit of cap space if their backup QB is on a rookie 5th round contract.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

My guess is a 5th round rookie is limely 3rd string not 2nd string to a starter at least in rookie year.

True Blue

I'm all for grooming a young guy

DJ stayed healthy last year, but running QBs always have a higher injury risk, better to have options in case he misses time

Cheaper than Tyrod if whoever it is is decent enough.

If they move on from DJ in 2-3 years, gives them at least a bridge option/depth in place

Prepares them for all positions situations