News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Seven Players the Giants should target

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 06, 2023, 12:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Interesting article on Fansided. I won't copy the entire thing, but I'll supply the link at the end. Nice write-up and player analysis on each one, and why they would be a good fit for the Giants. Anyway, the seven players:

• WR Tyler Scott, Cincinnati
  • LB Ivan Pace Jr., Cincinnati
  • WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton, West Virginia
  • CB D.J Turner, Michigan
  • C Olusegun Oluwatimi, Michigan
  • OG Andrew Vorhees, USC
  • DL Dante Stills, West Virginia

Dante Stills sounds interesting...hadn't even heard of him  :-??

https://gmenhq.com/posts/giants-underrated-prospects-nfl-draft-joe-schoen
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

I have been screaming for 3 of those guys:  DJ, Olu and BFW.  I would take Vorhees later potentially as well.

Screw slot.  DJ is a boundary CB.  He played heavier and still kept his speed.  He can tackle and his recovery is great.  13 games and the opposing WRs he covered averaged only about 2.5 catches per game.  SHUT DOWN!

Olu is so underrated.  In Michigan's team meeting he got up to speak as a new transfer player and IMMEDIATELY became a leader.  Super smart and a great work ethic in addition to good run/block production.

BFW has to be a dream for a WR coach.  Giants should take a flyer on this kid.  What he has cant be taught.  Size/Speed.  High upside.  We need a DK Metcalf type.

Jolly Blue Giant

I've spoken up a couple times on LB Ivan Pace. He has everything you want in a linebacker...except, height. He's in the same boat with Calijah Kancey...both considered "shorter than ideal" for their designated position, but have the biggest heart (by far) in their respective groups

Pace would be a movable chess piece for Wink. You can put him almost anywhere in the backfield except boundary CB. He's a tackling monster for his size and has that God-given gift of having the innate ability to read a play unfolding and being exactly where he should be. And the fact that he had 12 sacks in 13 games this past season shouldn't be lost on us

In short (no pun intended), Pace is a flat out baller with the "it" factor. He'd become a fan favorite in short time in Giants' blue

B1GBLUE

something about having a player with the name vorhees on the field just feels so enticing.

Jolly Blue Giant

A couple of things that stick out to me about Schoen and Daboll's choice of visits and dining table meetings, etc., is that they appear (assuming their contacts, video calls, and visits are a good barometer of who they are considering...while also remembering that this is "lying season" and teams do all kinds of things to throw out red herrings to camouflage their real intentions, but I digress), that they like "speed over brawn" (except in receivers which Schoen says, "separation over speed") and "football IQ over brawn"

With that said, I'll put in my second plug for Ivan Pace Jr.: very fast, a player's heart the size of China, and a brain that instinctively deciphers plays before they even happen, so he's at the right spot at the right time. And even though he's one of the smallest MLBs in the draft, he also got 12 sacks in 13 games this past season, while being a terror on RBs and slot receivers. If you read the accompanying write-up on him, notice the line: "if not for his size, he'd be the clear no.1 MLB in the draft"! He is a game changing player! If he becomes a Giant, he will quickly become a fan favorite

[url=https://postimg.cc/ppGsRd2Q]

Philosophers

If Pace's production is against good production, that should say a lot about his talent in-spite of his height.

Moneyball theory does matter.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane is real with so many players.