News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State- will he be available at 25?

Started by MightyGiants, April 14, 2023, 08:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

It seems to me that speed used as a differentiator is something Schoen covets as well as some form of outstanding length whether it is in arm length or body size or something lime that.

I think Forbes' speed and arm length (to tip balls) are bullseyes for Schoen.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on April 15, 2023, 12:52:54 PMIt seems to me that speed used as a differentiator is something Schoen covets as well as some form of outstanding length whether it is in arm length or body size or something lime that.

I think Forbes' speed and arm length (to tip balls) are bullseyes for Schoen.
I can't believe they didn't bring him in for a 30 visit.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 15, 2023, 01:59:46 PMI can't believe they didn't bring him in for a 30 visit.

It seems every year they draft players who weren't brought in for an official visit. Doesn't mean it's the same this year, but I've seen it. Sometimes, the visits and zoom calls are just smoke screens and deflections this time of the year. Schoen wants no one to know who's on their radar. The only thing that will surprise me this draft, is if there are no surprises...lol
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 15, 2023, 01:59:46 PMI can't believe they didn't bring him in for a 30 visit.

Maybe the Giants feel they have all the info they need so don't have to burn a 30 visit when they can use it for someone else.

todge

Quote from: Philosophers on April 16, 2023, 06:28:13 PMMaybe the Giants feel they have all the info they need so don't have to burn a 30 visit when they can use it for someone else.
The Giants have always stated they are completing Draft grades with visits, Pro Days etc. So yes you are right that they have enough to compile a grade they are comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambo89

Quote from: todge on April 17, 2023, 11:46:47 AMThe Giants have always stated they are completing Draft grades with visits, Pro Days etc. So yes you are right that they have enough to compile a grade they are comfortable with.

What the Giants have always stated they did prior to January 2022 and what they have done since are not the same things.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

todge

Quote from: Rambo89 on April 17, 2023, 12:12:27 PMWhat the Giants have always stated they did prior to January 2022 and what they have done since are not the same things.
It's not just the Giants. Virtually all teams conduct "visits " to refine Draft grades.

If you don't buy that, than tell us why they are allowed 30 visits when they only have 7 Rounds ?

Jclayton92

Most teams use top 30 visits for 3 reasons:

A) Medical- so they can have their staff look at someone they may have flagged as a concern

B) Character- To follow-up with the player and see where their head is at and get answers to background ?'s like maturity, criminal record etc.

C) Smoke Screen- Because every team has a list of who other teams bring in for a top 30 most teams use it as a smoke screen ala the Giants bringing in every 1st round Wr for a top 30 this offseason.

Because a team cam has as many virtual visits and phone calls as they want, this is were the bulk of the answers actually come from. Most of the guys we drafted from the 1st round on last year were never in for a top 30 visit but Schoen and Co had multiple virtual visits and calls with all of them.

So in my opinion ignore the top 30 visits as it's typically BS. The Giants almost didn't even meet with Thibodaux last draft, but thought it would look odd with multiple top 10 picks not to at least meet with him so he was one of the final visits a week or so out from the draft.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 17, 2023, 11:14:26 PMMost teams use top 30 visits for 3 reasons:

A) Medical- so they can have their staff look at someone they may have flagged as a concern

B) Character- To follow-up with the player and see where their head is at and get answers to background ?'s like maturity, criminal record etc.

C) Smoke Screen- Because every team has a list of who other teams bring in for a top 30 most teams use it as a smoke screen ala the Giants bringing in every 1st round Wr for a top 30 this offseason.

Because a team cam has as many virtual visits and phone calls as they want, this is were the bulk of the answers actually come from. Most of the guys we drafted from the 1st round on last year were never in for a top 30 visit but Schoen and Co had multiple virtual visits and calls with all of them.

So in my opinion ignore the top 30 visits as it's typically BS. The Giants almost didn't even meet with Thibodaux last draft, but thought it would look odd with multiple top 10 picks not to at least meet with him so he was one of the final visits a week or so out from the draft.

Jess,

I agree with your breakdown of many of the reasons for top 30 visits.  I believe 5 of the Giants 11 visits were among the team's top 30 visits.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 18, 2023, 08:32:06 AMJess,

I agree with your breakdown of many of the reasons for top 30 visits.  I believe 5 of the Giants 11 visits were among the team's top 30 visits.
From all I could find it was Neal, Thibodaux, and Flott. Part of the problem of looking up top 30 visits from last year while it's going on this year is everything registers as 2023 even when typing out 2022.

True Blue

I am warming up to Forbes, initially was afraid of his size, but his production and the competition it was against speaks for itself.

I love to see production, he oozes it