News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Interesting observation about the WRs drafted day 2

Started by MightyGiants, May 06, 2023, 07:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

The behind the scenes of the battle for WRs is insane...especially insane that we still got Hyatt who many had projected in the first round/early second and virtually all analysts had him in the top 5. I understand taking Mims ahead of Hyatt, but Reed, Rice, Dell, Mingo ahead of him??? Makes no sense to me. It's as if the other teams forgot that Hyatt was still on the board...or maybe they just thought he was too skinny and they weren't looking for stretch WR  :-??

I believe that the Browns, who grabbed Tillman with the very next pick, would have taken Hyatt if the Giants had not made the move to jump them. I can only imagine the thrill in the Giants' war room when Daboll told Schoen we got a deal in place. Oh the anxiety they must have had leading up to that point. What a great time to be a Giants' fan. The drama in this draft was incredible and we got lucky...really lucky!

And then to still get Eric Gray...friggin WOW  :what:

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Very interesting.  I noticed some ofnit but didnt connect all the dots.

I wonder if Mims had also been available along with Hyatt if the Giants would still have drafted Hyatt.  I prefer Hyatt to Mims.