News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anybody watching the XFL Superbowl?

Started by brownelvis54, May 13, 2023, 05:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Its on tonight. I tried watching a game or two. I also tried part of a USFL game. IMO the XFL was better than the USFL, but they both were hard pressed to capture my attention. I will probably record it a watch it later on. Hopefully it is good, but not holding my breath either. There is some good boxing tonight I could watch is the game is a snoozer.

https://www.xfl.com/
The KING is in the building

Bill Brown

I will watch it. I have watched several games this year.  i have enjoyed the games but I'm an easy mark because I enjoy football.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

brownelvis54

Quote from: Bill Brown on May 13, 2023, 07:03:18 PMI will watch it. I have watched several games this year.  i have enjoyed the games but I'm an easy mark because I enjoy football.

Bill

I'm recording it right now I'm actually gonna jump in the car and go to the local store and grab a 12 pack of beer and watch it as well. Hopefully it's good.

Jclayton92

Speaking of XFL I genuinely hope the Giants are keeping track of the talent there. There are 3 players off the top of my head that I'd invite to camp immediately.

Jachour Pearson the former Ole Miss Wr that was just behind way to many good wrs at Ole Miss to ever get time put on a show at 5'7 185lbs catching 60 balls for 670 yards and 4 Tds. I think he could be used in a variety of ways and is a better version of Kalil pimpleton.

Abram Smith the RB from Baylor that played Linebacker for most his career at Baylor before moving to RB his senior year and rushing for 1600 yards on 250 carries. He just had 800 yards on a 150 carries and 7 Tds averaging 5 yards a carry at 5'11 21lbs with the build of a Linebacker yes please, that please.

Lastly Michael Joseph the DB/CB from a division 3 school that was on the bears PS for 3 or 4 seasons. In 9 games he has 40 tackles 4 int, 2 returned for tds. At 6'1 200lb with his ability he should be on an NFL roster.

I know NFL teams have already started to invite players from the XFL to camp and I hope we jump on one.

MightyGiants

The Arlington Renegades (4-6) defeated the D.C. Defenders (9-1), 35-26, on Saturday night to claim the XFL championship. And that improbable victory means several former members of the New York Giants get a ring.

Among them is former Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis, who served as the Renegades' co-defensive coordinator, and former Giants linebackers coach/defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan, who coached linebackers in Arlington.

Also receiving an XFL ring is safety Will Hill, who played for the Giants from 2012-2013 and had a ton of potential but was routinely suspended for violating the NFL's policy and program for substances of abuse.

Other ex-Giants to pick up an XFL title in 2023 include offensive lineman Garrett McGhin (2022), cornerback Darren Evans (2022) and safety Joe Powell (2016).

In the 35-26 Renegades victory, Evans made five tackles (four solo), while Hill picked up three tackles (two solo) and one pass defensed, and Powell recorded three tackles (one solo) and a key interception off of Hill's deflection.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/14/will-hill-among-6-ex-new-york-giants-pick-up-xfl-championship-ring/?taid=64627a3be1903a0001cb6f61&utm_campaign=trueAnthem_manual&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

I actually watched the game. To my surprise it was very entertaining. I also noticed the announcer said the way it set up is so the players can latch on to an NFL team if offered. As soon as the XFL Super Bowl is over the players are free to go to any NFL team and it's perfect timing where they don't miss any training whatsoever