News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Brodric Martin thought the Giants were going to draft him in rnd 3

Started by MightyGiants, May 21, 2023, 12:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

QuoteDuring the pre-draft process, the Giants met with and worked out several interior linemen, including Western Kentucky's Brodric Martin. And all along, Martin expected to land in New York.

"I heard third round from one team and that was the Giants," Martin told the Detroit Lions Podcast, hosted by Lions Wire editor Jeff Risdon. "But when I saw that they traded (up) . . . I was sitting downstairs in the lobby of the hotel and once I saw that the Giants had traded (up), I just went upstairs and got myself something to eat."

Martin assumed he had missed his Day 2 opportunity after the Giants traded up to select Tennessee wide receiver Jalin Hyatt. In his mind, it was Big Blue or bust until Day 3.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/20/brodric-martin-thought-new-york-giants-were-going-draft-him/?taid=646a47132329750001ca6f55&utm_campaign=trueAnthem_manual&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

They probably would have if a late first round talent wasn't still on the board.

AZGiantFan

He should have realized it wasn't going to happen once they drafted Schmitz.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

nb587

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 21, 2023, 03:37:02 PMHe should have realized it wasn't going to happen once they drafted Schmitz.
Read his quote again.  He pretty much said exactly that.  Most likely, the Giants did not expect Schmitz to be there at 57 and did not want to trade up in the 2nd round to get him.  When they saw there was a chance to get Hyatt, they jumped.  I'm thinking that Martin would have been the pick in either round 3 or 4 if the draft fell differently