News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Commanders are listening to offers for Chase Young

Started by andrew_nyGiants, June 07, 2023, 12:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Do we dare open this discussion? LOL

How about Barkley and a 4th for Young and a 3rd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

I think that's interesting. I'm sure many will say they're not interested, but consider:

1. He's only 24

2. He had 3.5 more sacks as a rookie than Thibodeaux did

3. He has been marred with injuries since that rookie season, hence the lack of performance since.

I also think the Commanders are borderline tanking. I suspect, with the new owner, they want to try their absolute hardest to get a franchise QB in the next draft. Acquiring as much draft capital as possible to trade up with, while also weakening the team in 2023, seems to make sense from their vantage point.

Might be an opportunity depending on (1) the asking price and (2) his long term health outlook.

With that said, the odds of them being willing to trade him in the division are next to zero, so it's probably all moot.

Ed Vette

I didn't want him then and I don't want him now.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Here is what Albert Breer reported

QuoteChase Young's reporting to Commanders minicamp on Monday again highlights the situation Washington is in with its edge rushers. The Commanders have already paid Daron Payne and Jonathan Allen on the interior of the defensive line, and giving two more pass rushers, in Young and Montez Sweat, big contracts might be tough. So as Young tries to prove he can get healthy and back to himself again, he and Sweat might be competing for the last spot. Teams coming out of the spring thinking they need more help may make trade calls on Young (it seems unlikely the Washington brass would move him ahead of a must-win year, but I know they'd be open to listening).

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/06/washington-commanders-would-be-open-to-listening-to-offers-for-chase-young-trade-montez-sweat/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

At most I'm giving up a 4th to see what is there.

Philosophers

Bosa Bros = great players and great drives to succeed

Chase Young = great player with average drive to succeed.

That's the difference and that's why I did not want him as a rookie.  He'd never become what he is capable of becoming with hard work.

MightyGiants

If the Giants were going to add another edge rusher, it would have been an older veteran, not a guy in his prime looking for a big payday.  The Bills signed Leonard Floyd to a one-year deal.  He would have been a good option.  It would appear the Giants are willing to stand pat with the edge rushers they have.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Thank goodness they played to win that year and ended up with Andrew Thomas.

Philosophers

Just keep drafting for talent.  Use free agency only for depth or if an unusual talent presents itself like Waller.

True Blue

I think Yannick Ngakoue is still a free agent, I would scoop him up over a trade for anyone

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on June 07, 2023, 01:50:09 PMAt most I'm giving up a 4th to see what is there.

An acquiring team would have to pick up the 4th year of his contract. For a guy who has played 27 of a possible 49 games with virtually no production since his rookie yeart, a $5 million CAP hit is insupportable.    I think they end up cutting him.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

nb587

If he's healthy, or close to it, I think somebody trades for him if he's really available. 

todge

He's a prototypical DE in a 4/3. Not so sure he's a fit for 3/4. Besides isn't there a suspected attitude problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fromthebside

Absolutely, you kick the tires and see what's available.  If he passes his physical, I would definitely give him a look.  As they say, you can't have too many pass rushers. An opposing QB hates nothing more than an aggressive pass rush.  3-4, 4-3.  Doesn't matter.  If he's good at what he does, get him a uniform.  Wink will find a spot for him. 

BluesCruz

An even swap for Barkley would be a fair deal in my opinion, if Young is truly healthy.  Hip injuries are serious

We need more edge talent, RB talent can be replaced.  Its a risk, but worth the try.

I dont know if Barkley will play for us this year.  He is at loggerheads with the Giants

I've seen Chase Young flash his ability in games against the Giants.  This deal might propel us forward
I believe the Skins have to CAP money to pay Barkley, we really do not.

Chase has the potential to be a star player, but is he healthy.  Id ask for extensive medical tests before doing any deal.  The spectere of what happened to Bo Jackson reverbirates in my mind

According to reports the Steelers are in hot persuit of Young
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"