News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Daniel Jones projected passing stats for 2023 -

Started by sxdxca38, July 09, 2023, 03:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There is no right or wrong answer here, but let's say DJ plays a full 17 game season, not including rushing totals, what do you think his passing stats would be for the year?

4,500-5,000
1 (7.7%)
4,000-4,499
3 (23.1%)
3,500-3,999
9 (69.2%)
3,000-3,499
0 (0%)
2,500-2,999
0 (0%)
2,000-2,499
0 (0%)
1,500-1,999
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

sxdxca38

And if you could also add how many passing TD's you think he would have and why?

Thanks

DaveBrown74

I voted for 4,000-4,499. It's a huge jump, but given what Schoen and Daboll decided to pay him and given they obviously know a lot more about both him and the sport than I do, I have to think this is where he is headed.

Based on my own eyes and based on what I have seen him do so far, I would have picked a notch lower, but I am putting my faith in the new regime of this organization. Anything less than this wouldn't justify paying $40mm a year.

As for passing TDs, if I'm thinking about it along the same lines, I'll go with 29, as a number like 23 would render this compensation for a 5th year QB an overpay.

sxdxca38

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 09, 2023, 06:14:42 PMI voted for 4,000-4,499. It's a huge jump, but given what Schoen and Daboll decided to pay him and given they obviously know a lot more about both him and the sport than I do, I have to think this is where he is headed.

Based on my own eyes and based on what I have seen him do so far, I would have picked a notch lower, but I am putting my faith in the new regime of this organization. Anything less than this wouldn't justify paying $40mm a year.

As for passing TDs, if I'm thinking about it along the same lines, I'll go with 29, as a number like 23 would render this compensation for a 5th year QB an overpay.

Wow those are some good numbers you've presented, and it makes sense what you are saying. I think most Giant fans would be quite happy if it transpired the way you have stated.

Thanks for your contributions, let's see what the others have to say and vote for, I'm curious

jimc

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 09, 2023, 06:14:42 PMI voted for 4,000-4,499. It's a huge jump, but given what Schoen and Daboll decided to pay him and given they obviously know a lot more about both him and the sport than I do, I have to think this is where he is headed.

How would you feel about DJ HAVING lower numbers but reaching the SB?  Would he be "worth" the $40m then? I'm asking because of the emphasis you seem to place on the 2023 salary of DJ. What would Mehomes get in 2023 money?
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sxdxca38 on July 09, 2023, 07:38:06 PMWow those are some good numbers you've presented, and it makes sense what you are saying. I think most Giant fans would be quite happy if it transpired the way you have stated.

Thanks for your contributions, let's see what the others have to say and vote for, I'm curious

Just my two cents, but I suspect you'll get a lot of votes for the third category (3500-3999). That is where I would be if Dave Gettleman were still our GM and the Giants brought in the same new talent they did. But I have a lot more respect for Schoen's modern NFL football acumen, personally. So until he proves me wrong with my strongly favorable opinion, my money is on him being right.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: jimc on July 09, 2023, 07:48:16 PMHow would you feel about DJ HAVING lower numbers but reaching the SB?  Would he be "worth" the $40m then? I'm asking because of the emphasis you seem to place on the 2023 salary of DJ. What would Mehomes get in 2023 money?

If the Giants made the Super Bowl and lost, yes, you would not hear me criticizing the Jones contract.

And for the record, I have not criticized it once to this point.

Jclayton92

If DJ had lower number and reached the super bowl wouldn't that say more about the team around him than him?

Im less worried about Jones individual stats and more worried about the collective teams ppg. If the teams points per game goes up than we are likely winning games.

Ed Vette

Tough schedule facing some solid Defenses and playing at home in the Northeast. 3500-3999 but I can envision up to 4200.

Eli passed for over 4100 yards four times. His highest was 4933.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

gregf

If Evan Neal improves and Waller plays 14 games, I think DJ breaks 4K. Waller should be the single biggest lift to the passing offense. Schmitz and Neal can help as well with improved time in the pocket

sxdxca38

Quote from: gregf on July 09, 2023, 11:18:52 PMIf Evan Neal improves and Waller plays 14 games, I think DJ breaks 4K. Waller should be the single biggest lift to the passing offense. Schmitz and Neal can help as well with improved time in the pocket

Greg,

You make some nice points here.

I agree if Neal improves, and Schmitz lights it up at Center, the O line with Thomas will be solid.

You add in Waller with the other WR's, and they've got some talent.

I was struggling on the poll where to rank DJ's stats for the year, but I think he comes in somewhere between 3,800-4,200 yards, 66-67%, 25-28 TD's, 6-10 Int, 92-98 QB-Rating.

He threw for 3,200 yards while not playing in the 17th game, so I don't think these numbers are out of line on what he can accomplish this upcoming year.