News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants & Knicks resurgence and their

Started by andrew_nyGiants, July 15, 2023, 12:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Unlikely Heroes.

I was thinking about the commonalities in their seasons, both unlikely to do anything last year, and both not only making the playoffs but advancing.

Then I thought about players who made an impact and it occurred to me that Hodgins came in mid-season not only having an impact on the field but in the locker room.

Who had a similar impact on the Knicks? Josh Hart! He not only made a difference with his play, the locker room and the chemistry seemed to change almost immediately.

I was watching the Giants beat the Vikings in the playoffs and down the dial I was watching the Knicks advance against the Cavs, and I couldn't help but notice the similarities.

Anyway, I thought I'd share. Have a great day all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

I like the analogy.

However Hodgins really kind of came out of nowhere. Not many people knew who he was before he got here really. Hart was a pretty established player before he got to the Knicks.

AZGiantFan

There's kind of a history of this with NY teams.  Trading Walt Bellamy for Dave DeBusschere made the Knicks a champion team.  And the Islanders adding Butch Goering turned them into a dynasty.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll