News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants released CB Rodarius Williams

Started by MightyGiants, August 19, 2023, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I wish him all the best and appreciate his efforts.

Ed Vette

Rich is it mandatory to maintain the roster numbers until the 29th? They did him a favor by cutting him so early.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 19, 2023, 02:22:22 PMRich is it mandatory to maintain the roster numbers until the 29th? They did him a favor by cutting him so early.

I don't believe there is any roster minimum this time of year
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

He showed potential at different times, especially the 2nd Cowboys game last year if I remember correctly but the stance he had with Tae Crowder at the end of last season going on Twitter acting like he was supposed to be starting rubbed me the wrong way and I was down on him after b that.

kingm56

He was 'old' when the Giants drafted him; to me, it's a sign the roster is getting stronger.  He seemed like a nice young man though; I wish him well. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kingm56 on August 19, 2023, 03:15:46 PMHe was 'old' when the Giants drafted him; to me, it's a sign the roster is getting stronger.  He seemed like a nice young man though; I wish him well. 

I would agree. The emergence of Hawkins clearly did Rodarius no favors. His performance in the first preseason game was enough to get him cut though, even if Hawkins were more iffy.

On the positive side for him, I think he showed enough in that first training camp prior to his injury issues to where he might get another shot somewhere else. 26 is getting up there though for a cornerback to have never made any sort of regular season impact in this league. He's running out of time.

DaveBrown74

As it turns out, his brother Greedy was cut by the Eagles today as well.

Rosehill Jimmy

Tough day in the Williams household
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

4 Aces

Slugsy-Narrows

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 20, 2023, 04:58:03 PMhttps://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1693364023020978459?

Glad to see him get picked up a day later. Two reasons I feel that way:

(1) I have nothing against the guy and like it when people get another shot.

(2) The fact that he got grabbed so quickly suggests he may not be a terrible player, which speaks well to our secondary depth.