News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Seems like a lot of commentators are saying Lock will beat out Jones

Started by MightyGiants, May 07, 2024, 10:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

miss86

From what I read of Lock and seen some video's of, I think his major roadblock is what's between the ears. Seems to me he has the physical tools to be a good QB. IMHO, I think he needs to work harder to absorb and understand/implement the playbook. Let's hope he has matured and will really apply himself to become a better QB. Because the odds are pretty good that he will play this season. 

BluesCruz

Tommy DeVito is the best Giants QB in my opinion

He has the right mindset and can make all the throws....also a good pocket presence

The other two will fail miserably I'm afraid before Tommy gets another shot

Meanwhile he's getting a lot of practice with the scout team
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on Today at 07:28:14 PMTommy DeVito is the best Giants QB in my opinion

He has the right mindset and can make all the throws....also a good pocket presence

DeVito has his work cut out for him this summer and fall. He's clearly not making the 53 short of at least one of Jones/Lock being medically unable to play, and it's unclear if he'll even be on the practice squad now after this pickup of this ex Pats' QB. It's possible one of either Tommy or the Pats guy could get claimed after not making the 53, but I think that's pretty unlikely. One of them will probably end up getting his walking papers.

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on Today at 07:28:14 PMTommy DeVito is the best Giants QB in my opinion

Most NFl UDFAs only get one shot to make an impression and Devito had 5 games to show everyone what he had. Daboll then kindly showed him to the bench.

As a udfa you want your team to not be able to bench you because you are playing at an elite level. That was not the case with Devito though and that's why he finished the season on the sidelines.

He needed to show he was a significant upgrade to what we had starting and he couldn't do that period.