News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Markus McKethan

Started by Bob In PA, August 28, 2023, 07:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

How did you think Markus McKethan did on Saturday night?

He was out there a lot (coming back from a knee last year) due to in-game injuries and starters not playing.

It was probably more snaps than they had planned to give him, but I thought he looked good.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Quite frankly I'm just happy to see him suited up and playing. If he contributes this year that would be great.

Ed Vette

He only got 20 snaps but according to PFF he had a very good Pass Blocking Grade and poor Run Blocking which could be the result of needing more experience. I'm sure he's a keeper considering the competition after Ezeudu.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

President Rick

meanwhile Peart blocked well on runs but was a turnstile on pass plays
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: President Rick on August 28, 2023, 08:27:43 AMmeanwhile Peart blocked well on runs but was a turnstile on pass plays

Peart may be a better G than OT

McKethan - didn't hear his name called and for an Olineman that is a good sign!

killarich

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on August 28, 2023, 09:34:19 AMPeart may be a better G than OT

McKethan - didn't hear his name called and for an Olineman that is a good sign!

Also due to injuries didnt we put a tackle (was it Kunningham ? ) at RG ... from the few plays I observed that tackle looked decent at guard.

With Peart I may agree... I would like them to actually try him out at Guard

Ed Vette

Quote from: killarich on August 28, 2023, 10:32:45 AMAlso due to injuries didnt we put a tackle (was it Kunningham ? ) at RG ... from the few plays I observed that tackle looked decent at guard.

With Peart I may agree... I would like them to actually try him out at Guard
Read a comment about weak hands. I think he's a RT backup and I would try him at RG. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 28, 2023, 10:47:51 AMRead a comment about weak hands. I think he's a RT backup and I would try him at RG. 

I think the issue with Peart at G may be his height?  I thought I read somewhere he is to tall to play G?  Could be wrong!  I'd still like to see it!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on August 28, 2023, 10:50:04 AMI think the issue with Peart at G may be his height?  I thought I read somewhere he is to talk to play G?  Could be wrong!  I'd still like to see it!
There is that too. 6'4 and less is best for the QB to see over. He also has to get low so the Defensive players don't get below his pad level. He's not a plug-and-play and they didn't give him Reps there for a reason.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rosehill Jimmy

FWIW, McKethan and Peart are both listed at 6'7"
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

RelaxTension

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on August 28, 2023, 12:25:54 PMFWIW, McKethan and Peart are both listed at 6'7"

I thought everyone knew how tall he was but now I see that's not true.

Tall people playing guard might be an issue with shorter QBs but I think Jones shouldn't have that issue..
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on August 28, 2023, 12:25:54 PMFWIW, McKethan and Peart are both listed at 6'7"

I knew McKenthan was tall but not that tall!  Wow!  Now I wonder why Peart wasn't tried inside 🤔