News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Alex Smith

Started by True Blue, September 06, 2023, 09:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/alex-smith-family-daughter-brain-tumor-nfl-fans-praying

Heartbreaking to hear, I could not imagine. Prayers to him, his family and most importantly his daughter. May she recover fully and beat this.

DaveBrown74

Oh man. Awful luck. My heart goes out to the whole family.

ozzie

This is just horrible news.
Prayers to Alex and his family.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Painter

Tragic. A parent's nightmare. Also perhaps, a perspective for our own grievances.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Painter on September 07, 2023, 08:36:43 AMTragic. A parent's nightmare. Also perhaps, a perspective for our own grievances.

Very fair and true point, Painter.

Something for us to ponder the next time we btch about something not that important.

I am looking at myself with that observation more than anyone else btw.

Rambo89

Absolutely awful that this can happen to anyone's family. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kartanoman

The Smith family had learned, through Alex's difficult yet inspiring fight to return to professional football, following his massive compound fracture injury, was courage, fight, determination, and "never quit" is all about.

If you have never watched "Project 11" before, you owe it to yourself to see what real courage under dire situations is all about.

Whether her tumor can be removed safely or not, the one thing is that family has been through hell and back. They are a strong unit and have a resilience about themselves. It will give them a chance.

If any of you want to see the latest advances in brain surgery, I highly recommend the Netflix Documentary "Lennox Hill." Very touching, inspiring look when brilliant doctors come together and do miraculous things.

My prayers have been, and continue to be with the Smith family as they take on this painful challenge. May she find a way through this darkness and beat it into submission.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

kartanoman

This excellent story from the NY Times lends perspective and depth to the story I attempted to articulate but may not have effectively delivered:

It's Different When it's Your Little Girl

I have one of these, she's nine years old, a daddy's girl, and I feel every father emotion Alex articles on his behalf. It's impossible not to.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Sem

Absolutely heart-wrenching. I pray there is a happy ending for the family.

Slugsy-Narrows

So sad!  Always harder when it's a child involved!

🙏🏻🙏🏻