News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

My only "bold" prediction for this season

Started by Bob In PA, September 07, 2023, 10:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Maybe this isn't bold, but... if an NFC-East team goes 4-0 against NFC-West, that team will win NFC-East. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Bob,

I hadn't actually pondered that, but I would say you are very likely right.

San Fran is clearly very tough, no matter who the QB is.

Seattle beat us last year, and all they did was add even more weapons with very talented picks in Zach Charbonnet and Jaxon Smith-Njigba. I think they have a chance of being one of the top 5 or 6 offenses in the league.

The Rams are not what they were two years ago obviously, but they still have some talented players and McVay is a top three or four coach in the league who seems to have a vendetta against the Giants for firing his grandfather. They always seem to not only beat us but often smoke us.

The Cardinals obviously stink - no two ways about that, but Murray is always a wildcard capable of really hurting you (whenever he comes back).

I don't think the NFC West is the best division in the league (think the AFC North is), but it's definitely one of the better ones. So to go 4-0 against it would put any NFC East team in tremendous shape and would signify that that team is likely a top three team in the NFC.

I have a feeling no teams in our division will actually do that, but we'll see.

Bob In PA

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 07, 2023, 10:57:40 AMI have a feeling no teams in our division will actually do that, but we'll see.

DB: That's why the prediction isn't very bold. 

My bad eyesight betrayed me and I thought one of the NFC-East teams had the "right" schedule to do it, but no.

The "right" schedule would be to catch both the Seahawks and 49er's at home but no NFC-East team got that path.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

RelaxTension

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 07, 2023, 10:57:40 AMBob,

I hadn't actually pondered that, but I would say you are very likely right.

San Fran is clearly very tough, no matter who the QB is.

Seattle beat us last year, and all they did was add even more weapons with very talented picks in Zach Charbonnet and Jaxon Smith-Njigba. I think they have a chance of being one of the top 5 or 6 offenses in the league.

The Rams are not what they were two years ago obviously, but they still have some talented players and McVay is a top three or four coach in the league who seems to have a vendetta against the Giants for firing his grandfather. They always seem to not only beat us but often smoke us.

The Cardinals obviously stink - no two ways about that, but Murray is always a wildcard capable of really hurting you (whenever he comes back).

I don't think the NFC West is the best division in the league (think the AFC North is), but it's definitely one of the better ones. So to go 4-0 against it would put any NFC East team in tremendous shape and would signify that that team is likely a top three team in the NFC.

I have a feeling no teams in our division will actually do that, but we'll see.
The AFC East is very strong also I feel is even better then the West.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

DaveBrown74

Quote from: RelaxTension on September 07, 2023, 12:02:59 PMThe AFC East is very strong also I feel is even better then the West.

Yup. The AFC East is definitely another good division. Obviously a lot depends on the Jets, who are a bit uncertain at this point, but Miami is talented and the Pats are never an easy out. Obviously the Bills are a top shelf team. So I agree with you.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 07, 2023, 10:57:40 AMThe Cardinals obviously stink - no two ways about that, but Murray is always a wildcard capable of really hurting you (whenever he comes back).

Murray can't hurt us as we play them week 2 and the absolute earliest they are talking about him being able to play is week 5 - and even that is doubtful, FWIW.  There are even mutterings about holding him out for the season to avoid the risk of triggering some injury guarantees because the new regime is planning on moving on from him - but that's just speculation.

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 07, 2023, 12:59:13 PMMurray can't hurt us as we play them week 2 and the absolute earliest they are talking about him being able to play is week 5 - and even that is doubtful, FWIW.  There are even mutterings about holding him out for the season to avoid the risk of triggering some injury guarantees because the new regime is planning on moving on from him - but that's just speculation.

I'm aware there is no way we will face him. The OP references the entire NFC East facing this division - not just us.

Dgoodmantrublu

My bold prediction is that all the talk about the tougher schedule will turn out not to be true.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 07, 2023, 03:54:14 PMI'm aware there is no way we will face him. The OP references the entire NFC East facing this division - not just us.

Sorry, I misunderstood. 

That said, I hope that if he plays he gives those other teams a hard time.  But I have my doubts if he'll play.  I may be way off base but I don't think the new regime wants any part of him.  It's going to cost plenty to move him on, but way more than plenty if he gets hurt and his injury guarantees kick in.

I also may be way off base on this, but I get a little Gettleman/Judge whiff off the Cards new regime.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 08, 2023, 12:14:31 AMSorry, I misunderstood. 

That said, I hope that if he plays he gives those other teams a hard time.  But I have my doubts if he'll play.  I may be way off base but I don't think the new regime wants any part of him.  It's going to cost plenty to move him on, but way more than plenty if he gets hurt and his injury guarantees kick in.

I also may be way off base on this, but I get a little Gettleman/Judge whiff off the Cards new regime.
ys he gives those other teams a hard time.  But I have my doubts if he'll play.  I may be way off base but I don't think the new regime wants any part of him.  It's going to cost plenty to move him on, but way more than plenty if he gets hurt and his injury guarantees kick in.

[/quote]

100% agreed across the board. I suspect they'd like to move on from him. I don't see how that's possible without them eating a material chunk of his contract though. To be fair, he's not a terrible player. He just seems like a major pain in the butt, and it seems unlikely anyone is going to win a SB with him (although I certainly can't firmly predict that). You also have to question his longevity given his size and style.