News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kayvon Thibodeaux AND Evan Neal should there be concern?

Started by brownelvis54, September 10, 2023, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AYM

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 11:40:03 AMI am just saying I don't think you can go off of not even two seasons.

I'll concede that the book isn't closed but early returns are not looking good.

To be fair to Neal I thought the interior line was worse than he was. But he's not looking good at all.

I'd be fine if we fired the OL coach.

Woody

Yes there should concern with both players....Thibs should be a leader on defense but he doesn't have the strength to compete in NFL ...He should be a linebacker and not and end....he mouth was pretty large when he showed up but has been quiet since he arrived. Smart guy because he does not have anything to brag about . Neal also a big disappointment .
the lack of quickness with both players is concerning.
Shoen and Dabs need to come down from all the praise they received in offseason and do their job. I know it is only year two for them but even so they have not put any players on the field that can compete in their own division...and after watching last night....they are many years away.

LennG

As the OP asked, if we should be concerned, and the consensus is YES, on both counts.

I guess Neal is about as close to being bust as there is for a second-year guy, considering his draft pick number. He is basically useless out there.
As for Thibs, well he has one move and that is a speed rush and they know this so he is easily being neutralized. Has he been practicing against Neal so he thinks getting to the QB is easy? He had better develop some new moves or he will become a situational player instead of a solid DE.

Did Wink even blitz last night?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

The guys from Talkin Giants are down on Neal.  Predicting he simply isn't good.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 11, 2023, 12:18:14 PMThe guys from Talkin Giants are down on Neal.  Predicting he simply isn't good.

Until I see demonstrable evidence to the contrary, I am on the same page.

And let's be clear - he is playing at a level that is so bad that just marginal/modest improvement is not nearly enough to justify him being seen as the long term answer at starting RT.

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 11, 2023, 01:01:07 PMUntil I see demonstrable evidence to the contrary, I am on the same page.

And let's be clear - he is playing at a level that is so bad that just marginal/modest improvement is not nearly enough to justify him being seen as the long term answer at starting RT.

He doesn't look like he has the footwork to play RT.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Thibs just doesn't look strong enough (or hungry enough maybe) because he literally doesn't push as hard each play. He needs more moves or something because he was handled easily one on one and a few times on 3rd down he actually dropped into coverage.

He's not anywhere near what his pick should produce

B1GBLUE

its been obvious with neal from day 1.

everyone seems to think kayvon is the next LT.. but i have been saying from jump that he is way too flashy. he'll make a huge play then disappear for 6 quarters. i dont care if he puts up 15 sacks. i just want to see him affect the game on each series. go watch some tape of Osi.. even late in his career.. dude was getting pressure EVERY snap. i have completely forgotten what that looks like.

so yes. there should absolutely be concern, especially considering we have NOTHING behind either one of them. Neal is looking worse than flowers. Kayvon should be thriving with the 2 interior guys we have. i didnt see him anywhere near the ball last night. not that the boys had to do much. we were never really in a position to hunt.

Gmo11

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 01:05:05 PMHe doesn't look like he has the footwork to play RT.

He certainly doesn't look like he has the anything to play RT as things currently stand.  The fortunate thing for him is that the Giants don't have much in the way of guard play right now so if they were ever so inclined to bump him inside to see if he has some sort of a Flowers resurrection at a new position the option is there for them. 

And if you're asking me who plays RT then....I got nothing...but whoever it ends up being would be hard pressed to be worse than what we saw yesterday.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 11, 2023, 08:23:58 AMThibs better look to develop a few more moves instead of his brand. Otherwise in a couple of years he will be doing snow angels in January.

Neal may wind up at LT this week if Thomas can't go. It's his natural position and Peart as bad as he is is much better at the right side.

And yes, I'm concerned about them and Ojulari.

This was a concern about thibs coming out. he seemed to squash it last year. but if his play does not significantly improve, no one will care about his smile or charm. below average players dont get endorsement deals.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Gmo11 on September 11, 2023, 03:28:26 PMHe certainly doesn't look like he has the anything to play RT as things currently stand.  The fortunate thing for him is that the Giants don't have much in the way of guard play right now so if they were ever so inclined to bump him inside to see if he has some sort of a Flowers resurrection at a new position the option is there for them. 

And if you're asking me who plays RT then....I got nothing...but whoever it ends up being would be hard pressed to be worse than what we saw yesterday.

lets not wait too long like we did with flowers. we never even tried him there. we have a huge need at G, and if he can fill it, roll with it.

Jaime

What escapes me, is why didn't Daboll have a TE chip on whomever lined up in front of Neal :-??
It was obvious all game long, Neal was nothing more than a turn style.

Trench

It seems to me watching this that it should have been identified in scouting that he isn't gonna hit the mark. That was hard to watch

Philosophers

Micah Parsons through and around you.  Simply a beast.  Relentless.

Thibs does not play like that at all.