News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- DJ's interception to Waller may not have been his fault -

Started by sxdxca38, September 16, 2023, 09:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 17, 2023, 10:21:18 AMHi,

Sadly, that is not what is being said, we are just talking about one play here, as I brought out it doesn't absolve DJ of his last game. So according to the video, I do have a few questions though, and it is up to you if you would like to answer them or not, but...

A) When DJ threw the ball was Waller open at that time?
B) Did Waller stop coming back to the football?
C) If Waller continued to come back to the ball would that have stopped the ball from being intercepted?

Just curious your thoughts here?

There wasn't a play there to be made.  Ball should have been thrown away but down Jones was pressing.  Not a big deal but that was definitely on him
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

sxdxca38

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 17, 2023, 01:40:19 PMThere wasn't a play there to be made.  Ball should have been thrown away but down Jones was pressing.  Not a big deal but that was definitely on him

Okay fair enough, I'm not here to change anyone's perspective as everyone has to make up their own mind, and you are definitely entitled to your opinion. Hopefully you watched the video and can at least see where me and Mighty are coming from.

Let's see what transpires with the Giants and DJ as they play the Cardinals later today.   

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 17, 2023, 01:54:00 PMOkay fair enough, I'm not here to change anyone's perspective as everyone has to make up their own mind, and you are definitely entitled to your opinion. Hopefully you watched the video and can at least see where me and Mighty are coming from.

Let's see what transpires with the Giants and DJ as they play the Cardinals later today.   

Both of these quotes can be right, even if one feels the other is wrong. Exactly the type of dialogue of what I used to love about BBH. Now it's a bit cantankerous here.

I bet a win today can help us all

Rambo89

Quote from: Trench on September 17, 2023, 01:57:02 PMBoth of these quotes can be right, even if one feels the other is wrong. Exactly the type of dialogue of what I used to love about BBH. Now it's a bit cantankerous here.

Though I disagree with him a lot @sxdxca38 is capable of having a civil productive honest dialogue.  There are a lot of people here who are unable to do that.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on September 17, 2023, 01:57:02 PMBoth of these quotes can be right, even if one feels the other is wrong. Exactly the type of dialogue of what I used to love about BBH. Now it's a bit cantankerous here.

Good observation here Trench,

I agree, DJ could have thrown it away, or Waller could have continued to come back to the ball. Both decisions would have been correct, neither decision wrong, if that is how it played out.

Always enjoy the discussion, lets see what transpires later today.

Dgoodmantrublu

Multiple guys did things wrong. Story of that game.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 17, 2023, 01:58:55 PMThough I disagree with him a lot @sxdxca38 is capable of having a civil productive honest dialogue.  There are a lot of people here who are unable to do that.

Rambo,

Thank you so much, I appreciate it.

I agree that we can agree to disagree, but we can do so civilly, and you have consistently applied that principle with regards to me at all times, and that means a lot.

I know you say we disagree a lot, but I don't think we do, I think the only disagreement so far is with regards to DJ, but that is a big one right?

In any event, I have heard you defend DJ at times, even saying multiple times that you feel he is a solid QB, which is a compliment in my opinion.

I also think we both agree that he is not an elite QB, at least not yet, and maybe he never will be. (although I hope he does one day).

But I also understand where you are coming from with regards to him, because I'm not blind to his flaws, as I see them as well.

All I can say is I hope he continues to ascend, and that as the year progresses, he regains his form, and becomes that solid, ascending QB that I think all Giants fans would love him to be.

But alas I have no control over that, so all I can do, and all anyone can do is just sit back and watch and just see how the year transpires.

I think we'll get a better view in the next few hours of where we stand, let's see what happens.

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 17, 2023, 02:15:15 PMRambo,

I agree that we can agree to disagree, but we can do so civilly, and you have consistently applied that principle with regards to me at all times, and that means a lot.

I know you say we disagree a lot, but I don't think we do, I think the only disagreement so far is with regards to DJ, but that is a big one right?

In any event, I have heard you defend DJ at times, even saying multiple times that you feel he is a solid QB, which is a compliment in my opinion.

I also think we both agree that he is not an elite QB, at least not yet, and maybe he never will be. (although I hope he does one day).

But I also understand where you are coming from with regards to him, because I'm not blind to his flaws, as I see them as well.

All I can say is I hope he continues to ascend, and that as the year progresses, he regains his form, and becomes that solid, ascending QB that I think all Giants fans would love him to be.

But alas I have no control over that, so all I can do, and all anyone can do is just sit back and watch and just see how the year transpires.

I think we'll get a better view in the next few hours of where we stand, let's see what happens.

SXDX - great post. So much wisdom and compassion in your words. I wish I could like it 23,000x!...enjoy the game

MightyGiants

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 17, 2023, 02:15:15 PMRambo,

Great demonstration of the civility we strive for here at BBH  =D>
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 17, 2023, 12:24:53 PMMighty,

This is one of the best comments I've seen from you, and here is the reason why. You were humble enough to admit when you were wrong, and when new information was presented to you, you wanted to get it right and changed your viewpoint, I admire that.

Just like you, when I saw the interception from my television, I blamed it on DJ. But after watching the full play, he wasn't in the wrong, it was Waller who failed to continue to come back to the ball. If he does that there is no int.

So just like you I originally got it wrong, and have now changed and realized that pick was not on DJ but instead on Waller. Good comments here once again.

Thank you for the kind words
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 17, 2023, 02:33:42 PMGreat demonstration of the civility we strive for here at BBH  =D>

A Great example of what is possible when we have an honest conversation and don't misrepresent others positions.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on September 17, 2023, 02:31:16 PMSXDX - great post. So much wisdom and compassion in your words. I wish I could like it 23,000x!...enjoy the game

Trench,

Thank you so much, I appreciate it, and to you as well!

sxdxca38

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 17, 2023, 02:33:42 PMGreat demonstration of the civility we strive for here at BBH  =D>

Thank you Mighty and you do a great job as well!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 17, 2023, 02:38:16 PMA Great example of what is possible when we have an honest conversation and don't misrepresent others positions.

I hear Glowinski is being benched.  Do you think I was unfair in my criticism of him?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 17, 2023, 04:04:32 PMI hear Glowinski is being benched.  Do you think I was unfair in my criticism of him?

Being honest means not misrepresenting other's positions for your own personal agenda.