News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The schedule makers and how it impacts a season.

Started by andrew_nyGiants, September 18, 2023, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

The old adage: "styles make fights" comes to mind.

Using the NCAA as an example: often times, the top programs pad their schedule with 3 (give or take) cupcakes before they go into their conference schedule.

The NFL in their constant revenue grab, always choose the popcorn headline match-ups right out of the gate.

Opening the season against the worst match-up on their schedule and a NIGHT GAME no less, basically guaranteed a loss.

While I don't mind the strength of schedule (it's part of the game) what I DO MIND is three out of their first four games are (were) played on Sunday night (Dallas), Thursday night (49ers) and Monday night (Seahawks).

One of many reasons I really dislike Goodell. I hate staying up late on a school night only to watch my team who are statistically almost assured of a loss.

If it plays out, we could very possibly start 1-3 with plenty of tough games ahead. We need to buck some trends AND FAST if we hope to be a playoff team this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on September 18, 2023, 01:39:27 PMThe old adage: "styles make fights" comes to mind.

Using the NCAA as an example: often times, the top programs pad their schedule with 3 (give or take) cupcakes before they go into their conference schedule.

The NFL in their constant revenue grab, always choose the popcorn headline match-ups right out of the gate.

Opening the season against the worst match-up on their schedule and a NIGHT GAME no less, basically guaranteed a loss.

While I don't mind the strength of schedule (it's part of the game) what I DO MIND is three out of their first four games are (were) played on Sunday night (Dallas), Thursday night (49ers) and Monday night (Seahawks).

One of many reasons I really dislike Goodell. I hate staying up late on a school night only to watch my team who are statistically almost assured of a loss.

If it plays out, we could very possibly start 1-3 with plenty of tough games ahead. We need to buck some trends AND FAST if we hope to be a playoff team this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great great post.

Why do we always open with Dallas? 

Why do we play Phillie so late and twice?

Feels like teams are in crosshairs to fail.