News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Win or lose in OT, Siriani is a horse's ass

Started by Bob In PA, October 01, 2023, 04:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

spiderblue43

He's a classless jerk..and Philly loves him emulating that scab of a town. :boooo:

afan56

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

@afan56 and @TDToomer

I am guessing it was the Eagles scoring a TD with over a minute thirty left on the clock rather than simply driving the field, milking the clock, and going for the FG and the sure win.   The early TD and the taunting penalty allowed Washington to put the game into overtime.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 02, 2023, 08:22:40 AM@afan56 and @TDToomer

I am guessing it was the Eagles scoring a TD with over a minute thirty left on the clock rather than simply driving the field, milking the clock, and going for the FG and the sure win.   The early TD and the taunting penalty allowed Washington to put the game into overtime.

The Taunting penalty was on AJ Brown right? How is that the coaches fault?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on October 02, 2023, 08:36:34 AMThe Taunting penalty was on AJ Brown right? How is that the coaches fault?

I am not looking to debate the issue, I am just trying to provide the missing context.  The taunting only made the situation worse.   All Siriani had to do was milk the clock and get close enough for a gimmie FG, and the game was over.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

DaveBrown74

Haha. I'm sure if we were 4-0 and just coming off a SB appearance and had a very young QB who was in the MVP race last year, and we routinely owned them every year for years, their fans would hate Daboll too.

Bob In PA

Quote from: TDToomer on October 02, 2023, 08:36:34 AMThe Taunting penalty was on AJ Brown right? How is that the coaches fault?

TD: It's not. But don't tempt the football gods. He had a win against a division rival in his hip pocket.

You do NOT put the ball in the air. You do NOT do anything that gives them the ball with a chance to win or tie.

True JUSTICE would have been for Ron Rivera to step out of character, go for two, and win the game. He did not choose that option because it's just not a Ron Rivera move. He's a lot like Coughlin in that regard. /sarcasm/ If the same thing had happened to the Giants last year, Daboll would have gone for two, IMO.

Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 02, 2023, 09:52:16 AMHaha. I'm sure if we were 4-0 and just coming off a SB appearance and had a very young QB who was in the MVP race last year, and we routinely owned them every year for years, their fans would hate Daboll too.
DB: Has nothing to do with that.  Right now, he apparently has deceived himself into believing he is exempt from the ups and downs of the NFL.

He has little respect for the "lucky-ness" of the position in which he presently finds himself. 

Thanks to the front office's brilliance (and the stupidity of the rest of the league generally) great players seeming fall from the sky INTO HIS LAP every year.

BUT HE WILL LEARN... the football gods will eventually get around to exacting their revenge.

Bob

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 02, 2023, 09:56:46 AMDB: Has nothing to do with that.  Right now, he apparently has deceived himself into believing he is exempt from the ups and downs of the NFL.

He has little respect for the "lucky-ness" of the position in which he presently finds himself. 

Thanks to the front office's brilliance (and the stupidity of the rest of the league generally) great players seeming fall from the sky INTO HIS LAP every year.

BUT HE WILL LEARN... the football gods will eventually get around to exacting their revenge.

Bob

He comes off as a jerk to me too. It wouldn't bother me though if we were at least somewhat competitive with his team.

Painter

Valid observation, i.e. criticism of Siriani. Except for the name-calling, not much different from that directed at the Giants players and staff by some folks.

Cheers!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Painter on October 02, 2023, 10:10:04 AMExcept for the name-calling,
Larry: I thought departure from my usual rule of decorum was justified (and apt) under the unique set of circumstances. LOL