News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

These things I think before the must win game against the Seahawks

Started by MightyGiants, October 02, 2023, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on October 02, 2023, 12:07:18 PMThe Seahawks secondary is good.  Their pass rush is subpar however the Giants OL is swiss cheese so they may get sacks and consistent pressure.

They just allowed 364 passing yards with 2 TDs and no picks to the Andy Dalton-led Panthers, who have almost no weapons of any note. The Seahawks are dead last in the league in passing yards allowed per game.

If we can't move the ball through the air on these guys at home off 11 days rest with relative ease, then our front office may need to begin to have a serious re-think on the macro vision moving forward.

I don't think we'll have a problem though. This D stinks. I think you'll see a performance by our offense that is closer to the second half of the Arizona game than anything else we've seen this season.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 02, 2023, 12:41:44 PMThey just allowed 364 passing yards with 2 TDs and no picks to the Andy Dalton-led Panthers, who have almost no weapons of any note. The Seahawks are dead last in the league in passing yards allowed per game.

If we can't move the ball through the air on these guys at home off 11 days rest with relative ease, then our front office may need to begin to have a serious re-think on the macro vision moving forward.

I don't think we'll have a problem though. This D stinks. I think you'll see a performance by our offense that is closer to the second half of the Arizona game than anything else we've seen this season.

Do you think the return of a Pro Bowl CB, Riq Woolen, and the addition of a Pro Bowl safety might boost the Seahawks' defense?   If you do, comparing what the D did against the Panthers might not be a good idea.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 02, 2023, 12:55:44 PMDo you think the return of a Pro Bowl CB, Riq Woolen, and the addition of a Pro Bowl safety might boost the Seahawks' defense?  If you do, comparing what the D did against the Panthers might not be a good idea.

Ok but I'd like to think Daniel Jones is significantly better than Andy Dalton, and we also have more weapons than the Panthers do, even without Barkley. Further, it's not like this Seattle D was some juggernaut last year with those guys you mentioned playing. And further still, they have other injuries this week like their other starting corner.

It's the NFL. All teams, even bad ones, have some good players. All I'm saying is that this opponent is substantially softer on the defensive side of the ball than those of the teams our offense has struggled against. This team's D is much closer to the caliber of the Arizona D than it is to the 9ers or Cowboys. This is not a game in which our offense should struggle, especially with all the rest and prep time.

B1GBLUE

i expect to see an aggressive game plan tonight. whether it works or not is the question. but we cant keep playing from behind and playing it so safe. we have to be an nfl caliber team at some point.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 02, 2023, 01:06:32 PMOk but I'd like to think Daniel Jones is significantly better than Andy Dalton, and we also have more weapons than the Panthers do, even without Barkley. Further, it's not like this Seattle D was some juggernaut last year with those guys you mentioned playing. And further still, they have other injuries this week like their other starting corner.

It's the NFL. All teams, even bad ones, have some good players. All I'm saying is that this opponent is substantially softer on the defensive side of the ball than those of the teams our offense has struggled against. This team's D is much closer to the caliber of the Arizona D than it is to the 9ers or Cowboys. This is not a game in which our offense should struggle, especially with all the rest and prep time.

Sadly, the talent on the Giants offense has not played any better than the talent on the Panther's offense.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Id like to see our true talent see the field. If we are in a 13 set..

Hyatt
Hodgins
Robinson
Waller

Send Slayton and Campbell to the bench. I dont think they are particularly good.

Rambo89

Quote from: Philosophers on October 02, 2023, 12:07:18 PMThe Seahawks secondary is good.  Their pass rush is subpar however the Giants OL is swiss cheese so they may get sacks and consistent pressure.

The Giants offensive line has enough to hold up against their front.  Even with Seattle's secondary the Giants should be able to move the ball downfield through the air.

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 02, 2023, 12:55:44 PMDo you think the return of a Pro Bowl CB, Riq Woolen, and the addition of a Pro Bowl safety might boost the Seahawks' defense?   If you do, comparing what the D did against the Panthers might not be a good idea.

The Panthers started an over the hill QB with no weapons against that Seattle defense.  Even with the return of those guys I would think Jones and this group still should be able to move the ball through the air tonight. 

I am extremely surprised that those who typically defend Jones's play are not as confident in the Giants passing game tonight as I am.  To tell you the truth win or lose I would be shocked if Jones doesn't play well tonight.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 02, 2023, 01:38:59 PMThe Panthers started an over the hill QB with no weapons against that Seattle defense.  Even with the return of those guys I would think Jones and this group still should be able to move the ball through the air tonight. 

I am extremely surprised that those who typically defend Jones's play are not as confident in the Giants passing game tonight as I am.  To tell you the truth win or lose I would be shocked if Jones doesn't play well tonight.

I posted the PFF lineups of the Panthers and the Giants.  The Panthers, have more weapons than the Giants and a better O-line
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 02, 2023, 01:40:07 PMI posted the PFF lineups of the Panthers and the Giants.  The Panthers, have more weapons than the Giants and a better O-line

According to PFF which is not fact but rather a graded score based upon opinions.

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 02, 2023, 01:35:19 PMThe Giants offensive line has enough to hold up against their front.  Even with Seattle's secondary the Giants should be able to move the ball downfield through the air.

The Giants OL barely had enough with Thomas. This OL is bad. Our best OL has started 3 games in his career.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 01:46:26 PMThe Giants OL barely had enough with Thomas. This OL is bad. Our best OL has started 3 games in his career.

And again the Seattle pass rush is not a good one.  I get being concerned about the Giants defense tonight but the Giants passing game is not nearly a concerned with this match up for me.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 02, 2023, 01:44:21 PMAccording to PFF which is not fact but rather a graded score based upon opinions.

It's been suggested that Giants fans are biased.  Wouldn't it make sense to seek out outside sources?  I have heard a few people claim that the Panthers are less talented, but from what PFF shows, that doesn't appear to be the case. 

If you want to go the factual route, the Panters are better than the Giants in:

Points per game
Yards per game
Passing yards per game
Running yards per game
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 02, 2023, 01:48:15 PMAnd again the Seattle pass rush is not a good one.  I get being concerned about the Giants defense tonight but the Giants passing game is not nearly a concerned with this match up for me.

Until I see the O-line block like an NFL-caliber offensive line for more than just one half a game against a non-playoff team, the O-line will always be a concern until proven otherwise.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 02, 2023, 01:49:18 PMIt's been suggested that Giants fans are biased.  Wouldn't it make sense to seek out outside sources?  I have heard a few people claim that the Panthers are less talented, but from what PFF shows, that doesn't appear to be the case. 

If you want to go the factual route, the Panters are better than the Giants in:

Points per game
Yards per game
Passing yards per game
Running yards per game

Have the Panthers played the Cowboys and 49ers, two of the top 3 or 4 defenses in the league? Does that context matter for the above?