News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is Evan Neal Ereck Flowers 2.0

Started by MightyGiants, October 04, 2023, 08:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Let's try him at guard and find out. Cause it's pretty clear he's not a tackle.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gmo11 on October 04, 2023, 08:54:07 AMLet's try him at guard and find out. Cause it's pretty clear he's not a tackle.

It can't get any worse.  Maybe swap McKeathan and Neal
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

I would like to see Pugh and Neal as the guards.  Maybe let Neal go to the left side since he looked like an all pro in college at LT so maybe his brain can't convert to the right? Pugh goes to the right. And then draw straws for who gets to play RT

DaveBrown74

Evan Neal has shown absolutely zero to indicate that he's even decent. He has been objectively terrible from day one, and it is not getting better in year two.

So unfortunately I'm going to have to say yes. I hope he proves me dead wrong.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 04, 2023, 09:05:54 AMEvan Neal has shown absolutely zero to indicate that he's even decent. He has been objectively terrible from day one, and it is not getting better in year two.

So unfortunately I'm going to have to say yes. I hope he proves me dead wrong.

We all were willing to give Neal the benefit of the doubt.  Between Thomas starting out poorly before turning things around and being All-Pro level (when healthy), an injury that seemed to hamper him, his shift back to RT, and his own effort to put in a lot of work we all hoped he would at least become an NFL-caliber OT.

With his play in the first four games, it's hard to think of a reason beyond he is not that good, to explain how he is playing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE