News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

4 reasons for the Giants to move on from Daniel Jones

Started by True Blue, October 06, 2023, 12:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: ozzie on October 06, 2023, 01:25:41 PMI'm not here to say whether DJ is or isn't the guy, but if Schoen & Daboll wanted a diffrent "Guy" they shouldn't have given Jones the contract. The fact that they did says to me that they picked their guy, and it is Jones.
Not saying they won't regret it, but when a choice had to be made, they made it.
Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 01:35:40 PMBingo! People are dismissing Daboll and Jones - but they both wanted him back and paid him handsomely for it. So Jones IS their guy now.

If Jones was their guy, they would not have constructed an escape clause. They would have given him a Watson, Burrow, Hurts, Herbert type of deal and lock it in

TDToomer

Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 01:07:09 PMWith all that being said - I just dont think we need a new thread every time a media personnel says the same thing about him that the previous did....lol

I mean no offense, I dont give a rats behind what Shannon Sharpe thinks.

I agree 100% and have tried make suggestions to the mods to have less duplicate/redundant threads but the higher ups like it this way. Every other sports forum I follow consolidates topics, has seen long threads and encourages posting in existing thread where the topic is already being discussed.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Quote from: President Rick on October 06, 2023, 01:34:36 PMmake a list of the qb's you'd rather have WHO ARE actually available to the Giants.
list those you'd not want in any event.
list those in college who will surely [offer proof!!!] be better in the nfl than jones.
add water, stir, and consider.

No one has the answer.

Don't know who will be better than Daniel Jones but it's clear Jones has his limitations and is only going to be so good.  That doesn't mean the fear stops you from moving on if you have the opportunity to draft a QB you love.  Having Kerry Collins who was a solid starting QB didn't stop the Giants from acquiring Eli Manning.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18