News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Julian Love

Started by Trench, October 08, 2023, 04:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

I really enjoyed our defense (and team) last year. Something is very different. Hard schedule. Maybe an off year. Who knows. But one thing I feel is certain, I underestimated Julian Love contributions on defense and in the locker room. McKinney and crew have not been anywhere near his level

Hadron

Giants had a cupcake schedule last year. Now? They're playing playoff teams and it's not pretty.

TDToomer

Quote from: Hadron on October 08, 2023, 04:59:30 PMGiants had a cupcake schedule last year. Now? They're playing playoff teams and it's not pretty.

Excuses. They have a 3rd place schedule.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

JT39

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 05:07:24 PMExcuses. They have a 3rd place schedule.

The AFC east is a taddddddd but better than the AFC who we went 4-0 against last year.

TDToomer

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 05:08:42 PMThe AFC east is a taddddddd but better than the AFC who we went 4-0 against last year.

The Patriots look worse than the Giants and the Jets are the Jets. Both winnable games.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

True Blue

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 05:58:40 PMThe Patriots look worse than the Giants and the Jets are the Jets. Both winnable games.

The Jets are the Jets and we have play 2 good quarters five games in, we shouldn't be viewing any games as easy

TDToomer

Quote from: True Blue on October 08, 2023, 06:18:38 PMThe Jets are the Jets and we have play 2 good quarters five games in, we shouldn't be viewing any games as easy

My point is that blaming the schedule is excuses when we have equally crappy team left to face.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 04:23:58 PMI really enjoyed our defense (and team) last year. Something is very different. Hard schedule. Maybe an off year. Who knows. But one thing I feel is certain, I underestimated Julian Love contributions on defense and in the locker room. McKinney and crew have not been anywhere near his level

Julian Love has been awful this year and given up a ton of yards. This D has many issues - the absolute least of which is the loss of Love.

jgrangers2

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 06:19:55 PMMy point is that blaming the schedule is excuses when we have equally crappy team left to face.

But what does what we have left have anything to do with what we've already played? We have a bottom tier roster and are getting beaten by teams that have far more talent than us. It shouldn't surprise anyone when these games aren't that close. Realistically, we struggled to beat even the mediocre teams at times last year and got dominated by the better teams. What's happening here shouldn't be a massive surprise.

TDToomer

Quote from: jgrangers2 on October 08, 2023, 06:50:00 PMBut what does what we have left have anything to do with what we've already played? We have a bottom tier roster and are getting beaten by teams that have far more talent than us. It shouldn't surprise anyone when these games aren't that close. Realistically, we struggled to beat even the mediocre teams at times last year and got dominated by the better teams. What's happening here shouldn't be a massive surprise.

You cemented my point! It's not the schedule to blame it's our ineptitude.

Hadron

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 05:07:24 PMExcuses. They have a 3rd place schedule.

The Giants weren't that great last year but played the AFC South. If you looked at the AFC South versus the AFC East, you'd know that, wouldn't you? Do we need to compare the NFC West versus the NFC North?

Add in a year of film on the offense? Definitely not helping.

Hadron

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 07:09:54 PMYou cemented my point! It's not the schedule to blame it's our ineptitude.

:-??

LennG

Waht a misconception about where we finish to the strength of schedule. The Giants are toed for 4th along with Dallas for the toughest schedule in the league.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-strength-of-schedule-for-every-team-eagles-cowboys-among-hardest-steelers-packers-have-it-easier/
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss