News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Miami's fans

Started by LennG, October 08, 2023, 08:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Did anyone else notice what appeared to be a moderately filled stadium for today's game? I know in the lower levels and in the end zone there were a multitude of empty seats. Miami having a banner year and the NY influence, still seemed not to be able to fill the stadium.

Sad
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Messiah717

Quote from: LennG on October 08, 2023, 08:57:01 PMDid anyone else notice what appeared to be a moderately filled stadium for today's game? I know in the lower levels and in the end zone there were a multitude of empty seats. Miami having a banner year and the NY influence, still seemed not to be able to fill the stadium.

Sad

Maybe mourning the ridiculous loss by the college on Saturday.

Ed Vette

I noticed too. I was surprised. The announcers said it was 40% Giants fans.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Miami is not a good sports town. They built a beautiful new ball park for the Marlins who reward the area with the batting champion and a playoff berth only to rank 2nd to last in attendance. The Dolphins have always been a poor draw, at least since Marino retired. With ideal weather and great nightlife it has become a road trip destination for opposing fans so I expect a similar split at the rest of their home games. Come playoff time they will probably try to do what the Bucs did and limit ticket sales to Florida residents. Does this really work? Seems like it just makes it easier for local resellers to buy the tickets and sell to road team fans for a mark up.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs