News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Injury updates

Started by MightyGiants, October 09, 2023, 01:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
Brian Daboll says it's "too early to tell" on the statuses of C John Michael Schmitz (shoulder) and LB Micah McFadden (foot) this week

Daboll said of edge Azeez Ojulari (ankle) he'll have "more on Wednesday" (so still gathering info)

Wan'Dale Robinson likely will sit out practice Wednesday to rest his knee but shouldn't keep him out of the game. Deonte Banks probably will be limited on Wednesday but likely won't keep him out of the game

He's optimistic about Marcus McKethan

https://x.com/RalphVacchiano/status/1711433334734172296?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 01:41:35 PMPat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
Brian Daboll says it's "too early to tell" on the statuses of C John Michael Schmitz (shoulder) and LB Micah McFadden (foot) this week

Daboll said of edge Azeez Ojulari (ankle) he'll have "more on Wednesday" (so still gathering info)

Wan'Dale Robinson likely will sit out practice Wednesday to rest his knee but shouldn't keep him out of the game. Deonte Banks probably will be limited on Wednesday but likely won't keep him out of the game

He's optimistic about Marcus McKethan

https://x.com/RalphVacchiano/status/1711433334734172296?s=20

Is there a bigger tease on this roster than Ojulari? He plays well when he's healthy but he's never healthy.

files58

Sing along, head, shoulders, knees, and toes. Bad teams always have alot of injuries. I wonder if the Giants are responsible for insurance premium increases to the NFL Group Plan. Maybe they should relocate training camp, and practices to the basement of The Hospital For Special Surgery.

Gmo11

Is there any reason for Jones to play this week?  Any at all that doesn't involve the phrase "Well he's the starting QB sooooo yea I guess he has to start". Because it seems to me they have a brilliant opportunity to give the poor guy a break and blame it on his injury, with a game on deck that they're going to lose whether he plays or not.  So maybe let Taylor go out there and get pummeled for a change, or see if there's any discernible difference with a veteran calling out signals pre-snap.

Giantleap56

Quote from: madbadger on October 09, 2023, 01:44:53 PMIs there a bigger tease on this roster than Ojulari? He plays well when he's healthy but he's never healthy.

Who is this Injulari you speak of? Never heard of him and I'm a life long Giant fan.

Rambo89

This isn't good.  Sounds like we may not see Thomas for a while.  :no:

https://twitter.com/rydunleavy/status/1711431286311510411?s=61
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

spiderblue43

Does Barkley even make it back before a possible trade? 🤔 His time is likely winding down with our heroes..why wouldn't we trade him in a lost season?

madbadger

Quote from: spiderblue43 on October 09, 2023, 02:56:06 PMDoes Barkley even make it back before a possible trade? 🤔 His time is likely winding down with our heroes..why wouldn't we trade him in a lost season?

1000%. To me the untradables on the roster right now are Thomas, Robinson, JMS, Hyatt, Bellinger, Lawrence, Simmons, Thibs (still too early to give up), Flott, Banks, Pinnock and Gano. Everyone else could be had if we are offered fair value in return.

Jaime

They tried Thomas A COUPLE weeks ago, and he re-injured his hammy. He's probably another 2-3 weeks away (?).
As for Barkley, thinking he's week to week.  :hurt:

TDToomer

Sure doesn't sounds like someone whose career is over as some of the internet doctors here professed.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs