News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Does Dan Duggan have a point about a 6 man WR rotation?

Started by MightyGiants, October 09, 2023, 08:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 10, 2023, 08:43:28 AMWhat works or is good for one team doesn't mean it will work for all teams.  Every team is different, with different schemes, different personnel, different coaching, and so on.  It's not wise, in my opinion, to look at another team and say, "it works for them, the Giants should do it."  This is the sort of misguided thinking that led to the Giants trying the tush push and getting JMS and Bellinger hurt.

Of course but it doesn't mean it can't ever work or work for the Giants.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 10, 2023, 08:40:48 AMThis thread was arguing against a 5-6 man WR rotation.  It was pointed out that KC runs a similar rotation yet they have no issues in their passing game so it must be they have a great line because QB's are a product of their line, no?
They don't have three dominant receivers either.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 08:43:47 PMMahomes must have a great offensive line.  We've been told no QB can ever succeed unless they have a great offensive line.

So tiresome having every single thread derailed by the same 2 posters posting the same thing over and over and over.

TDToomer

Giants WR snap counts from Sunday

Parris Campbell   WR   16   22%   0   0%   0   0%
Sterling ShepardWR   20   28%   0   0%   0   0%
Isaiah Hodgins   WR   28   39%   0   0%   0   0%
Jalin Hyatt   WR   33   46%   0   0%   0   0%
Wan'Dale RobinsonWR   48   67%   0   0%   0   0%
Darius Slayton   WR   49   68%   0   0%   0   

Campbell has really been phased out with Shep getting into the game more.
Hodgins was almost our #1 WR in the playoffs but is also getting phased out now
Hyatt is on the field but is not getting the targets
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

LennG

While watching Sunday's game, I asked myself if Hyatt was even in the game. Yes, he drafted him to spread t he field, and since Jones has no time, he ignores Hyatt, but that is a terrible mistake. Hyatt can be dynamic, and the Giants should look to feed him the ball, not just on deep patterns. he is as fast as anyone else in the league and the Giants do nothing to get him even involved in any sort of action. End around, WR screens, a pitch-out to him. How can a guy with this much speed and potential, not even get a look-see in basically two games? Our offense sucks, yet Hyatt could be a game breaker yet he is ignored on offense. Another bad mark against Kafka.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

I'd go a series or two throwing three consecutive passes Hyatt's way. Get the defense thinking and backing off the line.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

BluesCruz

Quote from: JT39 on October 09, 2023, 08:27:04 PMPlay Hyatt and Robinson all game. Let Campbell become the waterboy.

Slayton and Hodgins can split reps.

and use hyatt in the backfield
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on October 10, 2023, 12:24:07 PMGiants WR snap counts from Sunday

Parris Campbell   WR   16   22%   0   0%   0   0%
Sterling ShepardWR   20   28%   0   0%   0   0%
Isaiah Hodgins   WR   28   39%   0   0%   0   0%
Jalin Hyatt   WR   33   46%   0   0%   0   0%
Wan'Dale RobinsonWR   48   67%   0   0%   0   0%
Darius Slayton   WR   49   68%   0   0%   0   

Campbell has really been phased out with Shep getting into the game more.
Hodgins was almost our #1 WR in the playoffs but is also getting phased out now
Hyatt is on the field but is not getting the targets

Posted a thread on this yesterday.  I am interested in what Hyatt's snap count will be this week and whether last week was just a blip that had more to do with the opponent and match ups or if he's falling out of favor.  I do think the trend of Campbell and Hodgins of getting fewer snap counts each week means unless there is an injury that they are at the bottom of the depth chart.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Philosophers

Season is lost.  Start Hyatt, Robinson and rotate only 3-4 but target Hyatt and Robinson.  We need to know if we have a WR1 by season's end.