News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Report: Caleb Williams wants partial team ownership

Started by DaveBrown74, October 18, 2023, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

If this is true it's pretty absurd for a variety of reasons. 

One would think an agent would know the rules regarding this. 

kartanoman

The kid must be auditioning for his life after football already: a gig on Comedy Central.

=))     =D>

:what:

Whatever!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kartanoman on October 18, 2023, 04:55:05 PMThe kid must be auditioning for his life after football already: a gig on Comedy Central.

=))     =D>

:what:

Whatever!

Peace!

He should hire Thibodeaux as a consultant.

Giant Jim

Mara can't, Tisch would then have full control. The Mara family's 50% is really like 51% as president John's decision breaks any ties.

DragonSoul

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 18, 2023, 02:14:17 PMNot exactly sure how this would go over with Mara and Tisch:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1714443391046422556
First, not sure you are allowed to do that as a player and secondly, hard pass!

spiderblue43

I would say that Williams owes John Riggins equity for the painting of fingernails look before any partial ownership talks begin. :what:  =))

madbadger

Looks like someone is already trying to scare some owners off hoping he drops to them. Lol. I'd file this under stuff that never happened but somehow made it to the public, or he's got a rep that isn't really a rep who's looking to make a name for himself.

madbadger

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 22, 2023, 08:40:19 AMHave to admit, I dont get this one

It's just f-ing stupid meme. USC is averaging an ungodly 47 points per game this year. They lost the last two games because their defense sucks. It has nothing to do with Williams.

uconnjack8

Quote from: madbadger on October 22, 2023, 10:09:30 AMIt's just f-ing stupid meme. USC is averaging an ungodly 47 points per game this year. They lost the last two games because their defense sucks. It has nothing to do with Williams.

What is the meme supposed to mean?

I will say, I watched almost the entire Notre Dame game and the defense was not the only problem.  3 INTs in the 1st half was not helpful.  Given his offense was completely outclassed by the ND D

madbadger

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 22, 2023, 10:43:40 AMWhat is the meme supposed to mean?

I will say, I watched almost the entire Notre Dame game and the defense was not the only problem.  3 INTs in the 1st half was not helpful.  Given his offense was completely outclassed by the ND D

The meme is that he looks good when it counts but like Prescott he disappears against good teams. He looked like crap against Notre Dame, so what? Every quarterback has a really bad game here and there.

We watch this same thing happen every year. The top quarterback prospect goes through a period where every aspect of his game is picked apart and even one small flaw is blown completely out of proportion and everything else is discounted.

IMHO he's the best quarterback prospect since Peyton Manning, and he might be better because he can pull the ball down and run. His stats this year are silly. Outside the Notre Dame game he has one int on the season and has accounted for 30 touchdowns and with five games to go he could surpass 45.

None of this has anything to do with you. I just hate the let's tear a great player down for no reason.