News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Report: Caleb Williams wants partial team ownership

Started by DaveBrown74, October 18, 2023, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Caleb could get partial ownership of Wendy's. The Caleb Combo anyone? <:-P

uconnjack8

Quote from: madbadger on October 22, 2023, 11:41:18 AMThe meme is that he looks good when it counts but like Prescott he disappears against good teams. He looked like crap against Notre Dame, so what? Every quarterback has a really bad game here and there.

We watch this same thing happen every year. The top quarterback prospect goes through a period where every aspect of his game is picked apart and even one small flaw is blown completely out of proportion and everything else is discounted.

IMHO he's the best quarterback prospect since Peyton Manning, and he might be better because he can pull the ball down and run. His stats this year are silly. Outside the Notre Dame game he has one int on the season and has accounted for 30 touchdowns and with five games to go he could surpass 45.

None of this has anything to do with you. I just hate the let's tear a great player down for no reason.

I didn't realize that was Prescott in the Meme.  It's all good

DaveBrown74

My posting of it was not meant to be anything more than a lighthearted, non-serious jab for the rut he is in. It gave me a mild chuckle given it included a QB on a hated rival team of ours. I am fully aware of how talented a quarterback Caleb Williams is. You don't need to be a football savant to know that. He has been on my radar since 2021. The post wasn't meant to be taken overly seriously or to cause such a vitriolic reaction. I'll try harder to assume nobody has any sense of humor at all here moving forward.

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 22, 2023, 12:00:07 PMMy posting of it was not meant to be anything more than a lighthearted, non-serious jab for the rut he is in. It gave me a mild chuckle given it included a QB on a hated rival team of ours. I am fully aware of how talented a quarterback Caleb Williams is. You don't need to be a football savant to know that. He has been on my radar since 2021. The post wasn't meant to be taken overly seriously or to cause such a vitriolic reaction. I'll try harder to assume nobody has any sense of humor at all here moving forward.

Don't take it personally. My annoyance was directed at you but rather the chattering masses who love to try and tear down a great player instead of respecting that he is very likely to be the second two time Heisman trophy winner.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 22, 2023, 12:31:34 PMDon't take it personally. My annoyance was directed at you but rather the chattering masses who love to try and tear down a great player instead of respecting that he is very likely to be the second two time Heisman trophy winner.

Fair enough and thank you for clarifying.

I will admit, the trope was not THAT funny. I honestly posted it more because of the Dak thing than anything else, but in any event it wasn't exactly Trading Places or Wedding Crashers on the humor scale.

And good point that people in general are too reactionary with the week to week QB stuff. I agree with that comment.

Barring something very unexpected, Williams is going number one in the draft. That was clear last season, it was clear in the offseason, and it is still clear today. I have said here that I don't think the Mahomes comparisons for him are off-base, and I still feel that way.

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 22, 2023, 12:36:49 PMFair enough and thank you for clarifying.

I will admit, the trope was not THAT funny. I honestly posted it more because of the Dak thing than anything else, but in any event it wasn't exactly Trading Places or Wedding Crashers on the humor scale.

And good point that people in general are too reactionary with the week to week QB stuff. I agree with that comment.

Barring something very unexpected, Williams is going number one in the draft. That was clear last season, it was clear in the offseason, and it is still clear today. I have said here that I don't think the Mahomes comparisons for him are off-base, and I still feel that way.

Just to clarify I mistakenly left not out. I meant to say not directed at you.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 22, 2023, 12:50:50 PMJust to clarify I mistakenly left not out. I meant to say not directed at you.

Yup I totally got that. Thank you.

BlueMoshik

Quote from: Giant Jim on October 18, 2023, 06:08:23 PMMara can't, Tisch would then have full control. The Mara family's 50% is really like 51% as president John's decision breaks any ties.
I don't think this is true. The Mara family has exactly 50% and John represents that 50% and when he speaks, he also represents Tisch. That's an equilibrium that goes back many decades and it will not change now or probably ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk