News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones May Not Be Fixable (Film Analysis)

Started by brownelvis54, October 20, 2023, 01:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Very good film breakdown. Out of the 10 sacks during the Seattle game, 5 were not Daniel Jones fault, but the other 5 were. The author of the video shows where some WRs were wide open and for what ever reason Jones didn't seem to see it. He also shows players that are out of position (Wan'Dale Robinson) in particular. What concern's me about that is why was he out of position that many times? Is that on the player or OC ?

Its my understanding the Giants can move on from Jones after 2 years?  I think we need to build around DJ and draft a young QB in the draft. One thing I know what some people are thinking..... but no DJ isn't a draft bust The giants failed him he wasn't set up to succeed, we need to make sure who ever we draft gets a chance. It's time for a break up between DJ and the Giants.

The KING is in the building

beaugestus

Quote from: brownelvis54 on October 20, 2023, 01:59:57 PMVery good film breakdown. Out of the 10 sacks during the Seattle game, 5 were not Daniel Jones fault, but the other 5 were. The author of the video shows where some WRs were wide open and for what ever reason Jones didn't seem to see it. He also shows players that are out of position (Wan'Dale Robinson) in particular. What concern's me about that is why was he out of position that many times? Is that on the player or OC ?

Its my understanding the Giants can move on from Jones after 2 years?  I think we need to build around DJ and draft a young QB in the draft. One thing I know what some people are thinking..... but no DJ isn't a draft bust The giants failed him he wasn't set up to succeed, we need to make sure who ever we draft gets a chance. It's time for a break up between DJ and the Giants.

I believe that when people say that there were open receivers it's not what we see but the field of vision of the QB.

Woody

So so film review.   Easy to do from the video replay after a game .. good example he wonders why Jones didn't throw to a receiver in the middle ...I see the mlb reading Jones  eyes and if He threw the ball to the stationary receiver than it could have been picked. .. the mlb was that close to the play
He is right about NFL Qb s have a very difficult job on every single play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giantleap56

Quote from: brownelvis54 on October 20, 2023, 01:59:57 PMVery good film breakdown. Out of the 10 sacks during the Seattle game, 5 were not Daniel Jones fault, but the other 5 were. The author of the video shows where some WRs were wide open and for what ever reason Jones didn't seem to see it. He also shows players that are out of position (Wan'Dale Robinson) in particular. What concern's me about that is why was he out of position that many times? Is that on the player or OC ?

I have to go with Mike Tyson on this "everybody had a plan until they they get hit". Let's face it the Patriots with perfect season had a plan vs the Giants in the Super Bowl until they got hit. The Giants turned Brady into a regular QB. Seattle did the same thing to Jones.

The year Phil Simms won a Super Bowl he had 22-19. I'm tired of the ridiculous bashing. Jones is a good QB but they only have a running back and one really good offensive lineman. That's all they have.

goNets

I'm always skeptical of pundits making definitive statements like the one,  "WanDale was out of position."
How would this guy know where WanDale was supposed to be? Does he have the playbook? Is he a regular at practice? 

MightyGiants

A few of the plays, I can't entirely agree with the man's claims about open receivers.  They were clearly covered, but he is saying Jones should have thrown the ball, which in both cases could have led to an INT
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

goNets

This is going to sound overly simplistic, but Sometimes he needs to just chuck it and let his guy make a play. You pick those moments of course. But if it's 3rd and long and you're near midfield, air it out and see if one of these speed merchants go get it. Even if it's intercepted it's essentially a punt. Screw the stats.
Eli did this a lot during his career. That's a large part of the reason his career interceptions are so high.

brownelvis54

Quote from: goNets on October 21, 2023, 01:13:54 PMThis is going to sound overly simplistic, but Sometimes he needs to just chuck it and let his guy make a play. You pick those moments of course. But if it's 3rd and long and you're near midfield, air it out and see if one of these speed merchants go get it. Even if it's intercepted it's essentially a punt. Screw the stats.
Eli did this a lot during his career. That's a large part of the reason his career interceptions are so high.

Wasnt that why we got Waller? Hyatt too?
The KING is in the building

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: goNets on October 21, 2023, 01:13:54 PMThis is going to sound overly simplistic, but Sometimes he needs to just chuck it and let his guy make a play. You pick those moments of course. But if it's 3rd and long and you're near midfield, air it out and see if one of these speed merchants go get it. Even if it's intercepted it's essentially a punt. Screw the stats.

You might even get a PI.

goNets

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on October 21, 2023, 02:11:46 PMYou might even get a PI.
Oh yeah and there's that too. It's been so long they've been opportunistic that I forgot some of the benefits.