News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

New York Giants Vs Denver Broncos 12/10/1989 (Full Game) Week 14

Started by brownelvis54, October 21, 2023, 03:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

A note from the guy who made this possible:

This is a reconstruction from 3 separate vhs masters to provide the most complete showing of the Giants in Denver from 1989. YouTube made mute out the sound for a commercial. Enjoy, I have a few more reconstructions I will be doing soon.

I dont expect most here to watch the whole game, but DAMN I skimmed thru and even watch the commercials from that time...It dosent seem that long ago, but what a different world back then. We had it made, but just didn't know it (at least me) NOTHING better than NFL from 86 to 93. The video...Portable heaters on the sidelines and the World Trade Center in the picture for the New York Football Giants players.
That really captures the time and era perfectly. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

The KING is in the building

kartanoman

Quote from: brownelvis54 on October 21, 2023, 03:40:38 PMA note from the guy who made this possible:

This is a reconstruction from 3 separate vhs masters to provide the most complete showing of the Giants in Denver from 1989. YouTube made mute out the sound for a commercial. Enjoy, I have a few more reconstructions I will be doing soon.

I dont expect most here to watch the whole game, but DAMN I skimmed thru and even watch the commercials from that time...It dosent seem that long ago, but what a different world back then. We had it made, but just didn't know it (at least me) NOTHING better than NFL from 86 to 93. The video...Portable heaters on the sidelines and the World Trade Center in the picture for the New York Football Giants players.
That really captures the time and era perfectly. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Many years ago, I fed Giants VHS games I converted to DVD into the hobby and over 50% of the Giants games you see on YouTube originated from me between my archive or my network of VHS sports video recording collectors from the old days. So, between all of us, we've put together a Giants library that has every Giant game from 1977 to the present and partial Giants games from 1976 dating back to the 1930s. I still have a couple of seasons from the 90s and 2000s to finish up. One of these days I will, but being able to watch the 80s Giants on demand is just plain awesome! Full games, The NFL Today, Summerall and Madden, it's amazing!

I remember the '89 Broncos game at Mile High and the day like it was yesterday. I was still in college, 20 years old still in upstate NY. It was also snowing in Utica where my girlfriend and I were at the mall before the game. The Giants went in with the two painful losses against San Francisco and Philadelphia which either could have/should have been won. But the Denver game was not one they were expected to win. Yet, they pulled out all the stops from Meggett's bobble catch and run for a TD to Gary Reasons' mouthpiece pop on Bobby Humphrey on 4th and goal at the one to deny Denver the go-ahead TD, to hanging on for dear life at the end with Elway trying to throw Hail Mary's into the end zone. Just a courageous win by Parcells and his men.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

TDToomer

Quote from: kartanoman on October 21, 2023, 10:52:17 PMMany years ago, I fed Giants VHS games I converted to DVD into the hobby and over 50% of the Giants games you see on YouTube originated from me between my archive or my network of VHS sports video recording collectors from the old days. So, between all of us, we've put together a Giants library that has every Giant game from 1977 to the present and partial Giants games from 1976 dating back to the 1930s. I still have a couple of seasons from the 90s and 2000s to finish up. One of these days I will, but being able to watch the 80s Giants on demand is just plain awesome! Full games, The NFL Today, Summerall and Madden, it's amazing!

I remember the '89 Broncos game at Mile High and the day like it was yesterday. I was still in college, 20 years old still in upstate NY. It was also snowing in Utica where my girlfriend and I were at the mall before the game. The Giants went in with the two painful losses against San Francisco and Philadelphia which either could have/should have been won. But the Denver game was not one they were expected to win. Yet, they pulled out all the stops from Meggett's bobble catch and run for a TD to Gary Reasons' mouthpiece pop on Bobby Humphrey on 4th and goal at the one to deny Denver the go-ahead TD, to hanging on for dear life at the end with Elway trying to throw Hail Mary's into the end zone. Just a courageous win by Parcells and his men.

Peace!

During the Pandemic I went on a youtube binge of old Giants games so I thank you for the work you have done. Remembering the games I once watched as a kid and seeing a few older ones were really cool. But I neve skipped over the halftime highlights. Something about seeing Young Brett Musberger and Irv Cross using what was then state of the art replay videos of game in progress was a real trip down memory lane.

Watching the Miracle in the Meadowlands in real time instead of the NFL film dramatic slo-mo shows a complete different side to what happened during that fateful disasterous attempt to run the clock out without kneeling.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs