News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This game makes or breaks the Giants season

Started by MightyGiants, October 22, 2023, 07:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Admittedly, the Giants' season is already hanging by a thread.  Still, a loss today, and the season is over for all intents and purposes.  A win today, and there is still a small hope.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I realize that's totally accurate from a mathematical point of view, but to me the Seattle game was the nail in the coffin. That was a game the Giants absolutely had to have, and they not only lost but they lost in ugly fashion. At that point, the only way for me to have maintained a thread of hope would have been if they had pulled a surprising upset in one of the next two games in Miami and Buffalo, setting up an opportunity to get to 3-4. Obviously that didn't happen.

If they win today they're 2-5 and still have a number of extremely difficult games left. Their odds will still be prohibitively low if that happens. I view this season as decisively lost and with basically no hope.

katkavage

A win today, which I hope for, just will result in what MG categorized in other posts as meaningless wins in a lost season.

Ed Vette

If they lose to this team at home, it will be demoralizing and the only thing that would matter is if Daboll can hold this team together, not lose the locker room and not let them quit.

If they lose today, it most likely won't be on the Defense.

If they win and TT is the catalyst, it's going to cause a QB controversy in the eyes of the fans. That will also put Daboll in a tough situation.

This will test the support of Schoen. Both Reese and Gettleman caved on their HCs. Schoen would need to vanquish the problems.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Torus34

What does it profit an NFL player to try to make a play in a way that might cause a career-ending injury while playing for a team such as the New Jersey Giants? NFL players are not lacking in the smarts department.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Go, Big Blue! [Ed.: But cautiously, right?]

uconnjack8

If they lose this game they may have to reconsider their stance on trading Barkley and others.

spiderblue43

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 22, 2023, 10:05:11 AMIf they lose this game they may have to reconsider their stance on trading Barkley and others.

Is there really desire to trade Barkley with Mara regardless? It's a must win for Daboll and his staff.

The team has played as bad as possible..but the staff doesn't get a pass either.