News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Washington @ Giants 10/22 Game Thread

Started by Ed Vette, October 22, 2023, 12:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

I will cut Barkley some slack on fumble.  He had the wrap on left arm after getting hurt early in game. May have been a factor with fumble
But he is at least one guy that was willing to play hurt ...good for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

Quote from: kingm56 on October 22, 2023, 04:45:41 PM304 total yards, 2 TDs and 0 TO...give me that every week.
Should have had 24 points no thanks to Saquon and Gano. Best full game QB performance by a Giants QB in years.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

unihamachi02

Quote from: killarich on October 22, 2023, 03:46:00 PMIm so angry at Kafka and Daboll for burying Hyatt for the first 5 games
Jones only (under)threw him the ball once, if you're going to be angry at anyone.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

MagicRat

Quote from: katkavage on October 22, 2023, 04:43:53 PMGiants have two 2nd string QBs. Conservative play calling in the second half led to the lack of offense.
I dunno if it's that simple.
I think the Washington front woke up and got the measure of a patched up O line.
Yes, Dabs defo called plays based on our D having a handle on things going the other way, but Tyrod was running for his life in the second half.
Smell my cheese you mother!

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Woody

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 22, 2023, 04:59:08 PMShould have had 24 points no thanks to Saquon and Gano. Best full game QB performance by a Giants QB in years.
In years ? what about Vikings playoff game last year? Or the Indy game late to make playoffs.
Didn't realize you were not Jones fan ...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicRat

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 22, 2023, 04:59:08 PMShould have had 24 points no thanks to Saquon and Gano. Best full game QB performance by a Giants QB in years.
Thibs left 7 out there also.
We had 30 plus points in us, minimum 27, and screwed up.
But,we made some individual howlers and overcame them so that's a positive.
Smell my cheese you mother!

katkavage

Quote from: MagicRat on October 22, 2023, 05:00:59 PMI dunno if it's that simple.
I think the Washington front woke up and got the measure of a patched up O line.
Yes, Dabs defo called plays based on our D having a handle on things going the other way, but Tyrod was running for his life in the second half.
I understand what he was doing, but it helped give life to Washington. First down runs that went nowhere set up the three and outs.

killarich

See this is where the anti-Jones fans get me

I have been more critical of Jones this season then the past and I acknowledge some things that Taylor seems to do better

BUT

There is an obvious double standard ... now suddenly TOTAL yardage and zero turnovers is a good thing

Jones did BOTH last year at a good level

Jones issues last year were NOT Total yardage the biggest complaint from the anti jones fans were his passing yards

Jones did not only account for a bulk of the Giants TOTAL yardage during many games last year he also accounted for quite if bit TDs

All due to his legs aka giving him TOTAL yardage and TD's

Let's not be hypocrites now

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on October 22, 2023, 05:30:22 PMSee this is where the anti-Jones fans get me

I have been more critical of Jones this season then the past and I acknowledge some things that Taylor seems to do better

BUT

There is an obvious double standard ... now suddenly TOTAL yardage and zero turnovers is a good thing

Jones did BOTH last year at a good level

Jones issues last year were NOT Total yardage the biggest complaint from the anti jones fans were his passing yards

Jones did not only account for a bulk of the Giants TOTAL yardage during many games last year he also accounted for quite if bit TDs

All due to his legs aka giving him TOTAL yardage and TD's

Let's not be hypocrites now

Fine, just consider TT passing yards; in two games, he's on pace for 4,071 passing yards, 17 TDs and 0 Int, which is objectionably better than anything we've seen over the past five years.  I will take 280 yards passing, 2 TDs, and 0 Ints every single week; in short, by any reasonable metric, TT had a very good game.
BTW, TT only produced 25 yards with his legs; he won todays game with his arm, which is an oddity for Giant fans and perhaps why you're confused, Kill..

killarich

Quote from: kingm56 on October 22, 2023, 05:46:07 PMFine, just consider TT passing yards; in two games, he's on pace for 4,071 passing yards, 17 TDs and 0 Int, which is objectionably better than anything we've seen over the past five years.  I will take 280 yards passing, 2 TDs, and 0 Ints every single day of the week.  Does that make you feel better, Kill?

I have been saying Taylor has not been terrible

But we can't act like Jones from last season wasn't helping Giants win these games

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on October 22, 2023, 05:48:13 PMI have been saying Taylor has not been terrible

But we can't act like Jones from last season wasn't helping Giants win these games

Yet, this season was absolutely predictable.  DJ is what he is...

Jclayton92

We have 200+ yards passing the past two games. We have only broken 200+ yards passing in consecutive games 1 time in the last 37 games and that was to losing efforts against the Seahawks and Cowboys last year.

I don't know anyone that has ever had an issue with the total yards. It has always been the lack of a passing offense. The dink and dud vs the deep ball.

We only threw over 200 yards like 6 times all last season, and now we've had it in consecutive games with a 2nd string qb and a shamble of an oline. So there should be no excuse why we arent throwing for 200+ every game.

Look at the better Qbs in the league, they are throwing for at minimum 230 yards but more than not throwing 300+ yards a game. That's what you need in the NFL today to win. It's a passing league, so if you can't throw the ball you won't win many games.

Ed Vette

Quote from: MagicRat on October 22, 2023, 05:03:38 PMThibs left 7 out there also.
We had 30 plus points in us, minimum 27, and screwed up.
But,we made some individual howlers and overcame them so that's a positive.
Oh I know. I was just commenting on the Offense but since you mentioned Thibs, I think the problem was he never choreographed a pick six celebration and his subconscious didn't want to shade his brand.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger