News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

When the OLINE is healthy

Started by andrew_nyGiants, October 23, 2023, 10:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

What are your thoughts on this line-up:
LT THOMAS
LG PUGH
C JMS
RG BREDESON
RT NEAL/PHILLIPS - PLATOON

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 23, 2023, 10:18:22 PMWhat are your thoughts on this line-up:
LT THOMAS
LG PUGH
C JMS
RG BREDESON

Weak until Neal becomes a real RT.  In first game with original starting OL, the right side particularly Neal was collapsing.

gregf

I wonder if we will see Neal at RG last 5 or 6 games. He is a huge ? moving forward.   Is he part of the foundation or not? I hope so

B1GBLUE

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 23, 2023, 10:18:22 PMWhat are your thoughts on this line-up:
LT THOMAS
LG PUGH
C JMS
RG BREDESON

Glowinski over the last couple weeks has probably been our best lineman. idk where his head was at early in the year, but he has a pretty decent resume. i think you have to find a way to keep him in there until he proves otherwise. probably put him over bredeson at the moment.

umassgrad

All of our remaining opponents are hoping the Giants keep Neal at RT, especially Parsons.

TDToomer

You can't platoon offensive linemen. They need to gel as as unit and means playing every down. Pick a RT and stick with him.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

When Thomas returns, the Giants can focus on helping Neal as much as possible.  Teams can provide cover for one weak OT, but not two.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 24, 2023, 10:29:59 AMWhen Thomas returns, the Giants can focus on helping Neal as much as possible.  Teams can provide cover for one weak OT, but not two.

You think they would move Pugh to RG to help Neal out?  I know Glowinski has been solid recently but Pugh is an established vet.  I also don't know if Pugh has played on the right side recently which would of course also be a factor.  But if Neal comes back and is just as bad they may have to pull him and go with Phillips the rest of the way.  Until he too gets inevitably injured as is the way this season.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gmo11 on October 24, 2023, 10:39:33 AMYou think they would move Pugh to RG to help Neal out?  I know Glowinski has been solid recently but Pugh is an established vet.  I also don't know if Pugh has played on the right side recently which would of course also be a factor.  But if Neal comes back and is just as bad they may have to pull him and go with Phillips the rest of the way.  Until he too gets inevitably injured as is the way this season.

Glowinski is an established veteran himself.  I am not sure if one is any better than the other in terms of being able to help Neal.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: gregf on October 24, 2023, 01:13:35 AMI wonder if we will see Neal at RG last 5 or 6 games. He is a huge ? moving forward.  Is he part of the foundation or not? I hope so
The last 2 games before Injury he showed real progress in the Miami and Buffalo games.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Gmo11 on October 24, 2023, 10:39:33 AMYou think they would move Pugh to RG to help Neal out?  I know Glowinski has been solid recently but Pugh is an established vet.  I also don't know if Pugh has played on the right side recently which would of course also be a factor.  But if Neal comes back and is just as bad they may have to pull him and go with Phillips the rest of the way.  Until he too gets inevitably injured as is the way this season.
Pugh has had 73 starts at LG, 7 at RG, and a handful at LT.