News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Jets I've Liked

Started by spiderblue43, October 28, 2023, 12:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

There are some Jets and their fans I like. Some I don't. Here goes...

Joe Namath: Even though I was a Giant fan growing up..I lived near Shea and saw him several times in action. Though overrated, he was brash and so different. Engaging.

Larry Grantham: One of the original Titans that toiled for years as a quality LB until finally playing his career out in Super Bowl III as a champ.

Mark Gastineau: Underrated. Premier pass rusher with flair. Helped the Giants make the playoffs in 81 sacking the Pack.

Joe Beningo: One of favorite FAN air guys that is both a quality guy and true fan for ages.

On the other hand.. :boooo:

Brandon Tierney: Delusional Jets partisan FAN howler who never misses a chance to throw dirt on the Jints.

Rich Kotite: Even Jets fans cringe at his name as a coach. He wasn't the "total package" as we learned.

Fireman Ed: Didn't his act grow old years ago? Somebody hose him down.

Al Toon: This is personal..he broke my heart in 88 with that TD catch essentially knocking the Giants out of the playoffs.

ozzie

Quote from: spiderblue43 on October 28, 2023, 12:21:22 PMFireman Ed: Didn't his act grow old years ago? Somebody hose him down.

I have no problem with the Jets in general. They will always be a distant second to the Giants to me, but I couldn't agree more than what is quoted above.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Giant Jim

Namath, Boozer, Snell, Maynard & Johnny Sample at the same time as Tarkenton & Jones (Homer, not Daniel). Giants took over after Namath fell apart. BVP, Mendenhall,Tucker and of course Ron Johnson. I did enjoy Curtis Martin.

VanPelt

I guess I am just a grumpy guy, but my list of Jets I've liked is very short:

None

I just grew up with too many over-zealous Jets fans I guess

Giant Jim

Quote from: VanPelt on October 29, 2023, 12:10:24 PMI guess I am just a grumpy guy, but my list of Jets I've liked is very short:

None

I just grew up with too many over-zealous Jets fans I guess
I think I just started out as a dumb kid.