News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I want Kafka’s Head on a Platter

Started by Ed Vette, October 29, 2023, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

If all you want to do is run because you dont trust DeVito, why not try a halfback option pass to convert a key 3rd down.  Got to think the Jets would be completely fooled.

kartanoman

Just make Barkley the QB then. At least you can mix up the play calling with him.

That's three hours I can't get back.

Ugly football in NY these days.

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

goNets

On the bright side, at least we don't have to worry about some team poaching him in the offseason. 

HondurasGiants

Inexplicable...incompetent...just plain stupid

killarich

T
Quote from: Ed Vette on October 29, 2023, 04:22:46 PMFucking dumb ass.

That fken guy has to be fired this week

That was a disgrace of a game

Dgoodmantrublu

Sure fire the OC because he couldn't do anything because the third string QB some of you wanted to start didn't even know how to call a play out without reading his wristband. He couldn't even throw the ball past the LOS. But that's the guy you folks said was better than Tyrod Taylor. This place sounds like BBI today. I think I'm gonna stay away.

TDToomer

Devito played liked he didn't know the rules of the game. Sliding a yard short of the 1st ends the play where you begin your slide! Running out of of bounds on 3rd and 15 for a 3 yard game gains you nothing! He was absolute dogcrap garbage. Mike Glennon, Jake Fromm and Tommy Maddox are redeemed as the worst back up QBS force into action in team history.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on October 29, 2023, 06:10:48 PMSure fire the OC because he couldn't do anything because the third string QB some of you wanted to start didn't even know how to call a play out without reading his wristband. He couldn't even throw the ball past the LOS. But that's the guy you folks said was better than Tyrod Taylor. This place sounds like BBI today. I think I'm gonna stay away.
It's not just this game. Name one good game Kafka called this year.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Dgoodmantrublu

He called a very good game last week. It wasn't his fault Barkley fumbled or that Gano missed kicks.

katkavage

Quote from: TDToomer on October 29, 2023, 06:21:44 PMDevito played liked he didn't know the rules of the game. Sliding a yard short of the 1st ends the play where you begin your slide! Running out of of bounds on 3rd and 15 for a 3 yard game gains you nothing! He was absolute dogcrap garbage. Mike Glennon, Jake Fromm and Tommy Maddox are redeemed as the worst back up QBS force into action in team history.
Yeah, DeVito is not the future. That much was immediately obvious.

Painter

Cuss out Kafka all you wish but today's debacle was all on Daboll once Taylor was lost. From that early moment in the game, to whatever extent it was Kafka's Game Plan to begin with, it was no longer. Do we really think that the decision to abandoned the pass after 5 minutes into the 2Q and for essentially all of the remainder of the game was Kafka's. Please, don't make me laugh.

After one 30 plus yard run by Barkley and subsequent TD to make it 10-7 it was run, run, run, one 3 and out after another until Daboll finally screwed the pooch with a foolish TO for a FG try instead of going for it on 4th and 1 which even if they didn't convert would have taken long enough to unpile with the clock running to leave no time for those two long passes from what as it turned out was the Jets 25.

Dabollesque not Kafkaesque.

Cheers!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Painter on October 29, 2023, 08:25:06 PMCuss out Kafka all you wish but today's debacle was all on Daboll once Taylor was lost. From that early moment in the game, to whatever extent it was Kafka's Game Plan to begin with, it was no longer. Do we really think that the decision to abandoned the pass after 5 minutes into the 2Q and for essentially all of the remainder of the game was Kafka's. Please, don't make me laugh.

After one 30 plus yard run by Barkley and subsequent TD to make it 10-7 it was run, run, run, one 3 and out after another until Daboll finally screwed the pooch with a foolish TO for a FG try instead of going for it on 4th and 1 which even if they didn't convert would have taken long enough to unpile with the clock running to leave no time for those two long passes from what as it turned out was the Jets 25.

Dabollesque not Kafkaesque.

Cheers!

I'm well aware of that. How about that stupid Draw Play when there was no passing threat? Aside from the play calling, he's the OC and his job description isn't just the play caller. His job is to prepare these players and that includes the backup QB. It was very apparent that there was no set of plays for this kid in the event the starter went down.

I also have to put this on Daboll too. Before the HC goes, the OC has to go. If he can't trust his OC to creatively call the game in adverse circumstances then what good is he, Larry? With all the runs that set up play action, not one shot on first down? Daboll should just fire him and take over the play calling himself.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Painter

I understand how you feel, Ed. My problem is with my own thinking in which I have never really thought of Kafka as more than just an extension of Daboll with only as much independence as he is given under the best of circumstances. I hope I'm wrong, but nothing which happened today convinces to think otherwise.

That said, I have no intention to quit on either of them; nowhere near it.

Cheers!