News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I want Kafka’s Head on a Platter

Started by Ed Vette, October 29, 2023, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmo11

Quote from: Painter on October 29, 2023, 08:25:06 PMCuss out Kafka all you wish but today's debacle was all on Daboll once Taylor was lost. From that early moment in the game, to whatever extent it was Kafka's Game Plan to begin with, it was no longer. Do we really think that the decision to abandoned the pass after 5 minutes into the 2Q and for essentially all of the remainder of the game was Kafka's. Please, don't make me laugh.

After one 30 plus yard run by Barkley and subsequent TD to make it 10-7 it was run, run, run, one 3 and out after another until Daboll finally screwed the pooch with a foolish TO for a FG try instead of going for it on 4th and 1 which even if they didn't convert would have taken long enough to unpile with the clock running to leave no time for those two long passes from what as it turned out was the Jets 25.

Dabollesque not Kafkaesque.

Cheers!

Did Devito do anything at all to inspire confidence when he was given the chance to throw early? Behind that OL without his best receiver and looking mostly shell shocked while the defense was all but pitching a shutout I'd argue 3 and out + punt was a greater chance of winning the game than telling Devito to go wild and hope he doesn't take a sack/fumble or throw a back breaking INT.

Probably should have still handed it off on 4th and 1 and hoped for the best though.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: katkavage on October 29, 2023, 07:30:48 PMYeah, DeVito is not the future. That much was immediately obvious.

they didnt even give him a chance

Ed Vette

Quote from: Gmo11 on October 30, 2023, 04:38:02 AMDid Devito do anything at all to inspire confidence when he was given the chance to throw early? Behind that OL without his best receiver and looking mostly shell shocked while the defense was all but pitching a shutout I'd argue 3 and out + punt was a greater chance of winning the game than telling Devito to go wild and hope he doesn't take a sack/fumble or throw a back breaking INT.

Probably should have still handed it off on 4th and 1 and hoped for the best though.
In retrospect, running the ball there would have eaten the clock with a first down. Even if they failed, it would have done the job. But you have to expect your kicker to make a chip shot even with a bad knee. He had no problem with kickoffs.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2023, 10:36:20 AMHe had no problem with kickoffs.
Ed: That is another issue I wondered about. But I'll reiterate that Papa and Banks said an accurate kick would have been blocked anyway because a defender had jumped over the center and was close enough to do so. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

Everything runs through Dabs ear.  He has the ability to change it and he did not.

Is Kafka another Bienemy?  Someone next to Andy Reid who is not Andy Reid?

GordonGekko80

It was funny when the commentators said "it's a draw, but the draw works when you are not only running the ball, otherwise the draw is given away"... no xxxx?!  =))

TDToomer

Quote from: Philosophers on October 30, 2023, 11:07:03 AMEverything runs through Dabs ear.  He has the ability to change it and he did not.

Is Kafka another Bienemy?  Someone next to Andy Reid who is not Andy Reid?

Is Daboll another Andy Reid?  Come on man.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

brownelvis54

Even the announcers said " Let me guess? Another run"....this game was painful to watch.
The KING is in the building

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 29, 2023, 04:22:46 PMFucking dumb ass.

Ed: I should have thought of this sooner (before it was announced that Jones is cleared for contact)...

Kafka would have been the perfect choice to back-up DeVito. No need to check the list of free agents, either...

I'm assuming he already knows all the plays and (to the extent it would have irritated you) I would have been rooting for him all the way. LOL

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building