News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Did the refs allow an illegal spike w/one second on the clock?

Started by Bob In PA, October 30, 2023, 01:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooners56

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 31, 2023, 12:15:34 PMHow about this Bob? #NOTE THE RG FALSE START>
https://x.com/TheDougRush/status/1719098885375680950?

That is close. Looks like he timed it perfectly to me but either way it was so close the ref should not have called it imo.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Bob In PA

Quote from: sooners56 on October 31, 2023, 01:22:58 PMThat is close. Looks like he timed it perfectly to me but either way it was so close the ref should not have called it imo.

sooners: We see football with almost the same pair of eyes (not meant as an insult lol... I have lousy eyesight).

The important thing is that THAT is not the time for a call so "close" we still can't figure it out 2 days later.

Yeah, officials are human and make mistakes, but the "close" calls seem to go against certain teams and players often enough to cause me to wonder whether they are just random errors.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: sooners56 on October 31, 2023, 01:22:58 PMThat is close. Looks like he timed it perfectly to me but either way it was so close the ref should not have called it imo.
That was my point through all this. Too close to call in a critical situation. If I had my druthers, all penalties would be reviewed in the last two minutes of every game and in overtime. That would keep the flags in their pockets except for obvious fouls.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin